Home

Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video

I think the OS crowd is confusing our probable 5% piece of the Madden buying pie to be much larger than it actually is. That segment was obviously played on Rookie and not made with any of us in mind, it was a comedic piece to advertise the game that happened to show off some new features.

A lot of people play Madden to play a video game where they can play as NFL players, but have fun and throw 50 yard bombs. There are 5-year old kids who are probably pretty decent at most video games, but have no idea what the difference between a 4-3 and a 3-4 is. There are guys aged 50 years old that have a great understanding of the game of football and the strategy, but have no idea the difference between the Left Bumper and the Left Trigger or what the hell an analog stick is. Madden sells to both those people, as well as us. EA has a difficulty level for those people and us. End of rant.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #186
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
I think the OS crowd is confusing our probable 5% piece of the Madden buying pie to be much larger than it actually is. That segment was obviously played on Rookie and not made with any of us in mind, it was a comedic piece to advertise the game that happened to show off some new features.

A lot of people play Madden to play a video game where they can play as NFL players, but have fun and throw 50 yard bombs. There are 5-year old kids who are probably pretty decent at most video games, but have no idea what the difference between a 4-3 and a 3-4 is. There are guys aged 50 years old that have a great understanding of the game of football and the strategy, but have no idea the difference between the Left Bumper and the Left Trigger or what the hell an analog stick is. Madden sells to both those people, as well as us. EA has a difficulty level for those people and us. End of rant.
You know that's great and all but they have these guys coming here talking about how different everything is, how they're trying to make a game that people on this site would enjoy but we have yet to see anything that would show that.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #187
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
Then why are they playing a football simulation then? With great power comes great responsibility.. It's up to Ian & Co. to change the way the community plays. People play that way because the game allows them to. If that ball that was thrown was a duck, guess what?! People would slowly start to stop throwing off their back foot.

Everyone that plays Madden are atleast football fans. When they play Madden, they are doing those "un-sim" things because they know it will put them in the best position to win. It makes the Jimmy Fallons of the world feel good when they are beating football savvy people. This has to change.. Hell this was supposed to have changed!

Rookie and pro is catered to the casuals. You want to make the casuals happy since the casuals are the reason why the game sells so well. You want to make them have an enjoyable experience and not be frustrated since they won't get the game anymore. And while madden is a sim, the game sells so much that they need to also cater to the casuals.

Again, you don't want to force these people to play a certain way. All you can really do is give them tips. If they are doing stupid things than most people (well I know I would) would want to bank on that. So yeah I see where you are coming from but in the end, with all the improvements that are being made, if they play on all-pro (the online difficulty setting) or all-madden, it's going to be hard for them to do this type of stuff.

I guess what we all can agree on is that the 80 yard bomb pass in the video wasn't good looking. But since he was playing on rookie I don't see what there is to get really really upset about (unless you play on rookie).

Also there will be sliders to tune just about all aspects of the game to your liking and on top of that, the game itself is still being tuned and worked on. So yeah... in summary, it seems like everyone will be able to enjoy the game offline since they can tune it the way they want and also since the differences in difficulty levels are probably the biggest that they have ever been in any Madden game.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #188
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Rookie and pro is catered to the casuals. You want to make the casuals happy since the casuals are the reason why the game sells so well. You want to make them have an enjoyable experience and not be frustrated since they won't get the game anymore. And while madden is a sim, the game sells so much that they need to also cater to the casuals.

Again, you don't want to force these people to play a certain way. All you can really do is give them tips. If they are doing stupid things than most people (well I know I would) would want to bank on that. So yeah I see where you are coming from but in the end, with all the improvements that are being made, if they play on all-pro (the online difficulty setting) or all-madden, it's going to be hard for them to do this type of stuff.

I guess what we all can agree on is that the 80 yard bomb pass in the video wasn't good looking. But since he was playing on rookie I don't see what there is to get really really upset about (unless you play on rookie).

Also there will be sliders to tune just about all aspects of the game to your liking and on top of that, the game itself is still being tuned and worked on. So yeah... in summary, it seems like everyone will be able to enjoy the game offline since they can tune it the way they want and also since the differences in difficulty levels are probably the biggest that they have ever been in any Madden game.
Who told you that this was on rookie or pro?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #189
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
You know that's great and all but they have these guys coming here talking about how different everything is, how they're trying to make a game that people on this site would enjoy but we have yet to see anything that would show that.
The marketing team makes videos for the casuals.

Ian doesn't have control over what the PR team releases. All the videos made by the marketing team are set to rookie.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #190
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Who told you that this was on rookie or pro?
Ian has said himself that the trailer and the video of Jimmy playing was on rookie.

Here's a link:
Quote:
*DISCLAIMER*

- You are going to see some very cringe-worthy stuff (IMO) in the first segment with Fitz...it was captured by random people that a) don't know how to play the game, b) were using old builds, and c) were using damn Rookie mode again

Last edited by Bgamer90; 04-25-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #191
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Today is April 25th, the game comes out on August 14th, I'm pretty sure that by the time the 14th rolls around Ian and company will have shown more than enough videos with sim gameplay for everyone to make an honest evaluation about whether or not the game has improved enough for their liking.

Anyone making prognostications of doom right now is just doing so because of their long standing animus toward EA and exclusivity.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #192
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I really don't think you are understanding. Games can be catered to the casual and hardcore alike. I can play rock band/guitar hero with friends that range from playing easy to expert because the core mechanics of the game are done so well for us to have that type of contrast.

A Qb dropping back 15 yards is something that is fundamentally wrong with the game because it is not football. If they want to make easier for people to pass have blown assignments. Have their players run faster than the AI players, etc.. But don't have Qb's complete 80 yards passes off their backfoot because that is just not football.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »