Home

Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
I really don't think you are understanding. Games can be catered to the casual and hardcore alike. I can play rock band/guitar hero with friends that range from playing easy to expert because the core mechanics of the game are done so well for us to have that type of contrast.

A Qb dropping back 15 yards is something that is fundamentally wrong with the game because it is not football. If they want to make easier for people to pass have blown assignments. Have their players run faster than the AI players, etc.. But don't have Qb's complete 80 yards passes off their backfoot because that is just not football.
I'll argue that a 5 year old playing Madden does not know that is it not football.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #194
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
I'll argue that a 5 year old playing Madden does not know that is it not football.
How many 5 year olds would be playing this on the 360 or ps3?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #195
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
How many 5 year olds would be playing this on the 360 or ps3?

More than you'd think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #196
Rookie

OVR: 3

[I Don't Know if this has been posted before]

Has anyone seen the new Fallon video?

Eat your heart out presentation guys;Help on injuries and Injury carts! Sideline cutscenes and Training bikes? What!? Not to mention those info banners, drop back, sideline activity, all new tackles (Did you see that dirty tackle on Larry?).

This is a must see:

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon....42409/1091411/

EDIT: My bad, I see the thread with this info. I didn't see the video posted, but here it is. Watch the whole thing.

Last edited by Bmlives; 04-25-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #197
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
I really don't think you are understanding. Games can be catered to the casual and hardcore alike. I can play rock band/guitar hero with friends that range from playing easy to expert because the core mechanics of the game are done so well for us to have that type of contrast.

A Qb dropping back 15 yards is something that is fundamentally wrong with the game because it is not football. If they want to make easier for people to pass have blown assignments. Have their players run faster than the AI players, etc.. But don't have Qb's complete 80 yards passes off their backfoot because that is just not football.
I see what you are saying and I agree in that it's not how you should play football.

However, I'm thinking that Jimmy is too good to be playing on rookie since he was able to do that (and I bet just about anyone here on OS would be able to do that on rookie too).

But anyways, I personally think that they should let users do whatever they want. It's just that there should be more of a penalty to when they make dumb decisions. Like if they drop back, have the button icons rotate between the receivers or something like that so that it would be almost impossible to make a good pass. But yeah once again, if you aren't playing on rookie I don't really get what there is to be really upset about and also on top of that (like I said before) they are still tuning a lot of stuff (the first trailer was made before community day).

So yeah lets see how the future vids will be...

EDIT: Also, your comparison to rock band while understandable, isn't really that good imo since there's different ways you gotta make the casuals happy. In rock band all you need to do is reduce the notes and the game is still enjoyable overall for mostly anyone since the whole game is basically based on just the notes. There's much more involved in madden (or any sports game for that matter when you compare it to music games).

Last edited by Bgamer90; 04-25-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #198
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
More than you'd think.
Yeah... there's a whole bunch that play on the 360 and ps3. Some little kids don't want to play on the wii due to graphics (I know my 8-year-old cousin doesn't lol).
Old 04-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #199
Rookie

OVR: 25
Ok lets be real here. this guy isnt very skilled in madden , as you can tell from the video that Phil Frazier *senior producer* just let him have his way so that it was fun and easy for him. im liking what i see though as far as gameplay, camera view, and pop up screen (penalty).

The play where the guy threw the ball deep was beautiful. A GREAT EXAMPLE of how the wr/ cb interactions have changed. The first cornerback initially covering the reciever was getting beat by the wr, the wr caught the ball over the cornerback, the cornerback made an effort to tackle the wr once he was beaten and failed therefore the safety had to step up and make the tackle. This is a GREAT JOB by the EA team and a prime example of one of the many great improvements for Madden 10.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #200
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I see what you are saying and I agree in that it's not how you should play football.

However, I'm thinking that Jimmy is too good to be playing on rookie since he was able to do that (and I bet just about anyone here on OS would be able to do that on rookie too).

But anyways, I personally think that they should let users do whatever they want. It's just that there should be more of a penalty to when they make dumb decisions. Like if they drop back, have the button icons rotate between the receivers or something like that so that it would be almost impossible to make a good pass. But yeah once again, if you aren't playing on rookie I don't really get what there is to be really upset about and also on top of that (like I said before) they are still tuning a lot of stuff (the first trailer was made before community day).

So yeah lets see how the future vids will be...

EDIT: Also, your comparison to rock band while understandable, isn't really that good imo since there's different ways you gotta make the casuals happy. In rock band all you need to do is reduce the notes and the game is still enjoyable overall for mostly anyone since the whole game is basically based on just the notes. There's much more involved in madden (or any sports game for that matter when you compare it to music games).
Jimmy too good to be playing on rookie?! LOL. Naw, the majority of Madden players don't punt and always go for it on 4th. Yet in 2k5(hate to beat a dead horse) that didnt happen much because it would be 21-0 before the end of the first. And that was because that game forced you to play football. I just feel Madden lets too much arcarde like nonsense carry on in a game. It makes it feel more like blitz than a sim football game.

I agree somewhat with the whole let the player play the way they want to. Which is why I disagreed with fair play. BUT! If you were playing a shooter you would want someone just running around in circles and you not being able to kill them just because they like to run around in circles.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »