Home

Are you kidding me?

This is a discussion on Are you kidding me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Are you kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
See, I don't see the receiver thing. I know you could put him out there and do different things and use his versatility in a Seneca Wallace/Kordell Stewart sort of role, but he ran a 4.5 and has no experience at wide receiver. You don't pick a guy like that in the second as a receiver. They clearly have SOME plans to play him at QB, even if it isn't an every snap sort of situation for the immediate future.
How much College experience did Matt Jones have?
Old 04-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #74
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Second Round Overall Ratings
33. Detroit Lions: DB Louis Delma ( 78 OVR)
34. New England Patriots: SS Patrick Chung ( 75 OVR)
35. St. Louis Rams: ILB James Laurinaitas ( 77 OVR)
36. Cleveland Browns: WR Brian Robiskie ( 73 OVR)
37. Denver Broncos: CB Alphonso Smith ( 77 OVR)
38. Cincinnati Bengals: ILB Rey Maualuga ( 80 OVR)
39. Jacksonville Jaguars: OT Eben Britton ( 78 OVR)
40. New England Patriots: DT Ron Brace ( 70 OVR)
41. New England Patriots: CB Darius Butler ( 78 OVR)
42. Buffalo Bills: CB Jairus Byrd ( 71OVR)
43. Carolina Panthers: DE Everette Brown ( 80 OVR)
44. Miami Dolphins: QB Pat White( 61 OVR)
45. New York Giants: OLB Clint Sintim ( 74 OVR)
46. Houston Texans: Connor Barwin ( Not yet rated by Donny)
47. Oakland Raiders: DB Michael Mitchell ( Not yet rated by Donny)
48. Denver Broncos: CB Darcel McBath ( 69 OVR)
49. Seattle Seahawks: OT Max Unger ( Not yet rated by Donny)
50. Cleveland Browns: WR Mohamed Massaquoi ( 64 OVR)
51. Buffalo Bills: OL Andy LeVitre ( 73 OVR)
52. Cleveland Browns: DE David Veikune ( 70 OVR)
53. Philadelphia Eagles RB LeSean McCoy ( 75 OVR)
54. Minnesota Vikings OL Phil Loadholt ( 71 OVR)
55. Atlanta Falcons S William Moore ( 76 OVR)
56. IndianapolisColts DT Fili Moala ( 71 OVR)
57. Baltimore Ravens: DE/LB Paul Kruger ( 74OVR)
58. New England Patriots: OL Sebastian Vollmer ( 61 OVR)
59. Carolina Panthers: S Sherrod Martin( 64 OVR)
60. New York Giants: OT William Beatty ( 76 OVR)
61. Miami Dolphins: CB Sean Smith ( 75 OVR)
62. Tennessee Titans: DT Sen'Derrick Marks ( 71 OVR)
63. Arizona Cardinals: OLB Cody Brown ( 70 OVR)
64. Denver Broncos: TE Richard Quinn ( 64 OVR)
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 04-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #75
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

no clue about combine numbers...what's good/bad but it is nice to see rookie ratings much lower than previous years

i always thought 2k did a great job with their ratings be more spread out
Old 04-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #76
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooners52794
Yes my friend, you nailed it perfectly. ill bet if he was white people on here would give him more credit that is more than due, and dont deny it. hes much better than troy smith, VY, and Dixon IMO, because hes not that type of qb, and thats where i think some of you fail. i never thought VY would be a very good player, and trust me, he wont. this guy is a legit nfl qb, not some super fast freak of nature who was taught how to throw,and deserves a 71, because he has more than proven himself. but anyone with brains knows that these new ratings are a joke, i mean cmon. they got a lot of work to do. get serious...if any other second round picks were in the 60's, which would be accurate by ians logic (for a rookie), id be fine but hes clearly the outlier in all of the first day picks. but cmon, im pretty sure he said crabtree would be a 79 in the new logic, but these would prolly be the exact same if this was madden 08, except white would prolly be high 60's. i was actually thinking i made a good decision getting a 360 over a ps3, despite having to play the show on my ps2. i was just thinking "damn, i want some high definition ryan howard! but o sht, madden is gonna b sweet this year." but no, i come on here and see this pitiful bs. i hope my 360 rrod's so i can get a ps3 and play the best sports game ever made, and say next year yet again to madden...
He's not better than Troy Smith!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #77
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Good job Donny. He's a specialty guy, there's a reason the Dolphins picked him up. 61 isn't that bad anyways. Freeman is only 71 and he's got big time potential as a qb imo. With 10+ points of progression over the years in Franchise a 70+ overall Pat White with his speed and elusiveness would be a dangerous player.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 6

Look, I'm not meaning to harp, all I'm saying is I'm hoping the perception of what KIND of player he's SUPPOSED to be doesn't have him end up with ratings lower than they should be. That's all I'm saying.

And, I mean, of course Pat White is kind of raw. But so is Freeman, probably rawer than White actually, and Freeman is 10 points higher than him and doesn't have the advantage of having high speed to sort of buoy his rating. I just don't see where Josh Freeman has TEN extra points over Pat White right off the bat. Higher potential? Sure. Maybe a few points higher overall? Sure. I just don't see how he can be 10 points higher right off the bat. I don't see it.

Unless height is being factored into overall this year, in which case that would explain it. >.>
Old 04-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooners52794
Yes my friend, you nailed it perfectly. ill bet if he was white people on here would give him more credit that is more than due, and dont deny it. hes much better than troy smith, VY, and Dixon IMO, because hes not that type of qb, and thats where i think some of you fail. i never thought VY would be a very good player, and trust me, he wont. this guy is a legit nfl qb, not some super fast freak of nature who was taught how to throw,and deserves a 71, because he has more than proven himself. but anyone with brains knows that these new ratings are a joke, i mean cmon. they got a lot of work to do. get serious...if any other second round picks were in the 60's, which would be accurate by ians logic (for a rookie), id be fine but hes clearly the outlier in all of the first day picks. but cmon, im pretty sure he said crabtree would be a 79 in the new logic, but these would prolly be the exact same if this was madden 08, except white would prolly be high 60's. i was actually thinking i made a good decision getting a 360 over a ps3, despite having to play the show on my ps2. i was just thinking "damn, i want some high definition ryan howard! but o sht, madden is gonna b sweet this year." but no, i come on here and see this pitiful bs. i hope my 360 rrod's so i can get a ps3 and play the best sports game ever made, and say next year yet again to madden...
This guy is priceless
Old 04-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #80
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
no clue about combine numbers...what's good/bad but it is nice to see rookie ratings much lower than previous years

i always thought 2k did a great job with their ratings be more spread out
Those look pretty much the same to me.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »