Home

Problem in Every Defense

This is a discussion on Problem in Every Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Problem in Every Defense

You didn't mention this at CD?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just want dominant DTs and NTs to be able to force a double-team block.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:39 AM   #11
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
not all the time and not for every play. this is why I say defensive playbooks are all way too generic.

How many times have we seen teams like the Ravens, Eagles, Giants, etc with all 11 guys on the line of scrimmage? the eagles do a lot of this. yes, I'll give you this, that on base Defensive plays, the LB's are too close to the line. but i always see a ton of LB's, at least in the NFC East, that have LB's jumping around probing the gaps. they have an assignment for sure, but they try to confuse the O line and QB until the ball is snapped, then they hit their gap or flow to the ball.

bottom line, defensive playbooks need a lot of love.
I agree with you 100 percent. I was thinking about this the other day. Madden always has the LB's and lineman in a perfect formation when u select a defense. That it is so obvious what you picked. It looks way to uniformed.

I feel they need to be moving around more and much closer to the line. You see guys moving all the time to better disguise their defense. Making it harder for the QB to reconize who is coming or dropping into coverage.

Here is a video from This past superbowl, and you will see LB on the line with the lineman a bunch of times. Yes you will see at times LB's 5 yrds off, and other times moving around at the line of scrimmage trying to confuse the QB.

We need more movement with the defense, and not have them just standing in one spot till the ball is snapped.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 05-07-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 01:40 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagga
LBz - was this something that was brought up at CD, or is this new info? Is Ian and the team aware?
They are aware, but I posted it to see what others would think about it.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:46 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I agree with you 100 percent. I was thinking about this the other day. Madden always has the LB's and lineman in a perfect formation when u select a defense. That it is so obvious what you picked. It looks way to uniformed.

I feel they need to be moving around more and much closer to the line. You see guys moving all the time to better disguise their defense. Making it harder for the QB to reconize who is coming or dropping into coverage.

Here is a video from This past superbowl, and you will see LB on the line with the lineman a bunch of times. Yes you will see at times LB's 5 yrds off, and other times moving around at the line of scrimmage trying to confuse the QB.

We need more movement with the defense, and not have them just standing in one spot till the ball is snapped.
I talked with Anthony White about this and he said it is something they could add but the issue is timing blitzes. My contention however is that it should be user controlled and that if you time it too early you risk your guys jumping off sides. This is what I really want to see defensively.

They had movement last year in some playbooks (New England) but it was not precise. Secondly they sorta moved too much.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:49 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
You didn't mention this at CD?
It was a part of my feedback from CD. I wonder if the placement would open up another can of worms. I wonder if they are that close so that the OL can read them and if they are not that close the OL simply ignores them? hmmmm
Old 05-07-2009, 01:52 AM   #15
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It was a part of my feedback from CD. I wonder if the placement would open up another can of worms. I wonder if they are that close so that the OL can read them and if they are not that close the OL simply ignores them? hmmmm
I feel like the CPU instantly reads the blitz once the ball is snapped. If your ROLB is blitzing for instance, once the ball is snapped, the OL will account for him. IEven if you manually drop him into coverage, he is still accounted for as a blitzer because the CPU "knows" your play call.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 02:03 AM   #16
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I feel like the CPU instantly reads the blitz once the ball is snapped. If your ROLB is blitzing for instance, once the ball is snapped, the OL will account for him. IEven if you manually drop him into coverage, he is still accounted for as a blitzer because the CPU "knows" your play call.
Yeah Ive kinda curbed that with an audible right before the snap..But the back foot lasers would still get ya a lot

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »