Home

EA isn't allowed to talk about the Rocket Catch????

This is a discussion on EA isn't allowed to talk about the Rocket Catch???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:32 AM   #25
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: EA isn't allowed to talk about the Rocket Catch????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel

I love the sound of the cash register every time the player catches the ball. M O N E Y lol Excellent use of sound effects. Kudos to the video creator.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 04:54 AM   #26

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I love the sound of the cash register every time the player catches the ball. M O N E Y lol Excellent use of sound effects. Kudos to the video creator.
Thats part of the song, the cash register effect. I don't think it was meant for that when the player catches the ball or was it? It would be nice if it was timed instead of it being off but its just the song and no extra's the creator added. Unless the creator of the video put that song in there because of the cash register effect.

Edit: Still a nice vid though.

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 05-08-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:25 AM   #27
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

I Haven't Heard Anyone Mention The "Make It Rain" Catch. . .This Exploit/Glitch/Cheese Is Far Worse:

Old 05-08-2009, 05:35 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDJ 77x
nsilvano21 quit with the tourney player bashing.
How about you let the moderators decide who should and shouldn't quit with the tourney player bashing?
Old 05-08-2009, 05:46 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
I love this one for the comedy value :

Old 05-08-2009, 07:11 AM   #30
Rookie

nsilvano21's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDJ 77x
nsilvano21 quit with the tourney player bashing. I am a tourney player not the greatest yet but I know plenty passing concepts to get the ball down the field. The Rocket Catch isn't our fault we do whatever gets the ball down the field quickest. And the FB Dive is the most effective running play so why not run it. Quit crying and get some D.
Get some d? Hahaha everyone knows that when someone perfects the rocket catch, it can't be defended. Let me guess, u have d for the rocket catch? The only d for the rocket catch is hoping they drop the ball or they don't get their guy around in time. The only d there is, is hoping they make a mistake.

Ur telling me to quit crying???? And to get d????? You will prolly cry if they take out the rocket catch for madden 10. I guarantee ur d consists of another exploit too, nano blitzing.

Nano blitzing is another exploit/cheese that guys use and they think they know football. It's taking advantage of the AI.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:27 AM   #31
Rookie

nsilvano21's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I Haven't Heard Anyone Mention The "Make It Rain" Catch. . .This Exploit/Glitch/Cheese Is Far Worse:

Yeah, the make it rain catch needs to be gone too. That is another form of the rocket catch, just that it can be done for crazy yardage.

Just for the record, I'm not hating on tourney players. I'm just saying that no one forces them to play that way. They choose to use exploits, EA didn't send out a guide with madden 09 and say that these r the exploits in the game and this is how u move the ball most effectively.

I just want the exploits out becuz it's not football when u need to find an easy way out to move the ball down field. How realistic is a 4th and 35 anyway? I've seen it happen at tourneys. They go for it on 4th down all the time becuz the rocket catch is really effective when someone perfects it. I just think it's funny when I play someone online who plays the tourney style. My defense can stop them for the first 3 downs when they try actual running plays and regular passing plays. But then rocket catch bails them out on 4th down. That's why I want it out of the game. Cuz I really don't think guys like that could play madden if there wasn't something to rely on to move the ball. Last time I checked, in the NFL on a 3rd or 4th down, they wouldn't throw a ball to larry Fitzgerald or Steve smith and expect them to catch the ball over 4-5 guys.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #32

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is the rocket catch?

EDIT: Nevermind...Should have read the whole thread.

Last edited by Deegeezy; 05-08-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »