Home

Madden NFL 10: PRO-TAK - What's NOT There Yet...

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: PRO-TAK - What's NOT There Yet... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #49
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: PRO-TAK - what's NOT there yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmoob
Lol, what cheap shots! Clearly you're a Madden fanboy, because you're uneducated in any game non-Madden.
That was a really lame response, man.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 8

@Moostache

Backbreaker is football from the FUTURE!!!

That's why the ball is glowing and they wear funky uniforms. I would know, I've been to the future and the ball definitely glows.

On the other hand, the tackles in my opinion still look over the top like the ball carrier is just a ragdoll. In the future, that's not sim.

Last edited by icomb1ne; 05-09-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
That was a really lame response, man.
It's ******** what he posted. It's like some people here have a hate for BB. We should be neutral towards them, give em' a chance, it's their first crack at it. If we all wanted a good football game, should it matter who makes it? We should be optimistic and encourage all football games to be good so we have more choices. When fanboyism gets in the way of that, problems ensue.

Fanboys act like if Madden or EA does well, they're going to get a piece of the pie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

What is this thing about EA fanboys. I honestly have not run across any Madden fanboys in these forums at all. I mean, I could be missing something, but most of the regulars here , will tell you that 2k still has the upper hand and that Madden is ok but needs some additions.

Honestly, the fanboys seem to be more of the 2k type. Poke around in the 2k forum and you'll see someone randomly hating on Madden, there are no Madden fanboys here that just randomly hate on 2k. You have the game twisted up man. The die hard 2kers are the worst, period, in regards to os forums. i dont know about any other forums.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Fanboys act like if Madden or EA does well, they're going to get a piece of the pie.
Our "piece of the pie" will be getting to play a great sim style football game that will have tons of replay value which is really all we want.

That's why we want to help Ian n' Co to succeed so much.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
@Moostache

Backbreaker is football from the FUTURE!!!

That's why the ball is glowing and they wear funky uniforms. I would know, I've been to the future and the ball definitely glows.

On the other hand, the tackles in my opinion some tackles still look over the top like the ball carrier is just a ragdoll. In the future, that's not sim.
Well Know that EA owns all NFL rights, other developers have very little to work with. APF tried a realistic approach and look what happend to that game.

Gamers aren't going buy products that don't have the NFL name on them, a good example was APF.

I'd be careful how much you bash other football games because Madden might be the only NFL game you'll see for the rest of your life.

Atleast back-breaker is trying something truly next-gen with there tackling system instead of the out-dated motion-capture suction tackles found in madden.

It's nice to finally see madden trying a new tackling approach, hopefully the new tackling system actually seems like a next-gen product. Though I think Maddens new tacking system still mainly consists of pre-canned tackles.

It will see which system turns out to be more innovated and realistic overall. Even if back-breaker might go for more dramatic tackles, that doesn't mean that it's tackle system can't be more realistic than maddens. There is a difference between overall tackle realism and the type of tackles that actually occur.

And for laughing or criticizing what you have seen out of Backbreaker, consider it's a new next-gen football contender. Consider the fact that Madden has had 5 years on next gen. What in those 5 years has it shown to truly define it's tackle system and or other aspects in comparison to last gen madden and other nfl products such as Nfl2k5.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #55
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Good stuff Ian. I won't be worrying too much unless I see major problems from E3.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #56
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
It's ******** what he posted. It's like some people here have a hate for BB. We should be neutral towards them, give em' a chance, it's their first crack at it. If we all wanted a good football game, should it matter who makes it? We should be optimistic and encourage all football games to be good so we have more choices. When fanboyism gets in the way of that, problems ensue.

If Madden had a glowing ball, it'd be ripped on just as quickly and probably far more harshly. There wouldn't be anybody here defending it. I've noticed a lot more people here claiming BackBreaker's **** don't stink than I have Madden. We're supposed to tear alpha build trailers played on rookie and AI tuned down to pieces, but BackBreaker's flaws are off limits? C'mon, man, we only need one standard here.

What's worse is, whether every tackle is a flying one or not, it's becoming more and more apparent with each little bit of info we get on BackBreaker that it is not the game we are looking for as sim gamers. It may well end up being ground breaking and an all around amazing game... remains to be seen... but it is not going to be the same kind of game Madden 10 is.

There are two types of sports games in any sport... your core sim games, and your diversionary games. Blitz, The Bigs, NBA Street, things along those lines are diversionary. They are what simmers play when they don't feel like thinking their way through a game and just wanna lay back and mess around. It's becoming very apparent that, while it probably wont be full-on Arcade like Blitz, BackBreaker is gonna be diversionary... it's not a pure-sim.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 05-09-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »