Home

Madden NFL 10: PRO-TAK - What's NOT There Yet...

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: PRO-TAK - What's NOT There Yet... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: PRO-TAK - what's NOT there yet...

Ian Cummings is officially THE MAN!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 9

The devs said that the glowing ball is just a tracking system on replays.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #67
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I thought BB was going to be simulation just based off of the ultra realistic tackle styles, but the glowing red ball shows otherwise. As far as game play, we don't know what it's like yet, so we can't dissect it on any level. As far as picking it apart, if they come out and say they are going for true simulation, I'll be first in line to start pointing out flaws.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 12

I'll also add that people have the right to critisize madden Look at what the Next-gen Madden Prodeuct has offered to it's fans in the last several years.

Most can see that Madden hasn't shown to be the definition of what next gen footbal should be. It's not like Madden is a rookie to next gen anymore. It's been half a decade on nextgen... That's not even the worst problem with the madden next-gen products.

The most troubling fact is that year after year, well atleast the past two, Madden has had game ruining glitches and bugs that have hurt the game-play and made people put the game down hoping for better "next-year"
Old 05-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #69
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
And why do you think backbreaker has to resort to a glowing ball. Have you ever thought of the fact that They do not have an option at making a 100% realistic football game when they don't have the NFL license to back it up.
So you're saying glowing balls are what a company must implement when without a license? I guess I don't see the connection.

Quote:
The fact is, a realistic, non-NFL licensed football games aren't going sell. Look at happened to APF, it lasted one year. Smart developers can't design a product that is going fail, so based on their restrictions, the developers at back-breaker have make product adjustments.

Atleast they have the guts and knowledge to try something innovative with the tackling system, which is a huge part of a football game.

And again, it seems you are high on madden, which isn't a bad thing.

But can you tell me what Madden has Done with it's exclusive license on the next gen systems for 5 YEARS that has you so up in arms and supporting madden?
What they've done to make me as supportive as I am of Madden is put the game in my hands and let me see what's changed. I support Madden because I like the game. Not '09, not '06, Madden NFL 10. Can you think of a better reason to support a game?

Quote:
Has madden defined what next-gen football should be to you?

Well I"m sure you'll be pleased, because backbreaker will probably fail to sell. At least backbreaker is trying to do something next-gen and or innovative with it's tackling system.
See, and this is just stupid. I'll be pleased because backbreaker will fail? No, I wont be pleased. I wasn't pleased when APF was scrapped, I wasn't pleased when Blitz was scrapped. I buy every halfway decent football game on the market, be it sim or otherwise. I love football. Over the past 5 years the only football games that have come out that I have not purchased were Madden 08 and Madden 07 (I bought Madden '06 for PC). At this moment, I own all of the Tecmos except the PS2 and DS versions, Madden 08 (because it was bought for me) for PC, NFL Head Coach 07 and 09, APF, NFL 2k5, and BTL2. I do not and will not own BCFE or its sequel because I will not support a blatantly racist game. Otherwise, I purchase every game worth purchasing, and I plan to add Backbreaker to my collection when it's out.

Quote:
And who cares if backbreaker isn't 100% realistic
I do. Who else's opinion should matter to me?

Quote:
, it's not like madden has been. Some of my favorite non-madden football games where ones that had a arcade theme, NFL blitz was awesome imo. Nba jam was an awesome arcade style basketball game. We will never have a chance to see those products again, and even if we do, i'm sure they will be short lived, just like APF and Blitz.
As I said, I like arcade stuff too. All I'm really saying as far as BackBreaker goes is that we have every right to tear it apart as much as we do Madden, and calling someone a fanboy because he thinks glowing balls are silly is ignorant and fanboyish in and of itself.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The developer interaction here is one of the reasons Madden is improving.

Feedback and criticism do more good than bad, and Madden 10 is evidence of that. Like Madden, I want Backbreaker to be the best game it can be, for whatever type of game it is. For that reason, I'm not going to sit back and simply cheer them on. I'm going to tell them that glowing footballs are fecking stupid.
You can thank the Restrictions of a non-nfl license for some of the things you dislike in backbreaker, you know who to thank for that.

As for Madden 2010 being a better product, and your claim of evidence...I think you should wait, sit down and play Madden 2010 for a couple weeks before you state claim that. Talk is talk, interaction is good, but all that matters is implementation and the resulting product. Just because there is talk of improvement and good interaction with the developers doesn't guarantee anything.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #71
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmoob
BB will be sim, just on different perspective of football. They are simming how the individual players feel in the football game, whereas Madden sims how people see the game. It's not an easy concept to understand so I can see why there is so much confusion on whether BB is 'sim' or not.
Don't come up in here questioning people's intelligence, man, you are not going to last long that way. Not cool at all.

Sim is sim. Realism is realism. You can't implement an arcade style of football and call it "sim-in-a-different-way".

I know exactly what you're saying and I don't mind the idea. The perspective in-and-of-itself might be the biggest innovation BackBreaker makes if it works. It may end up being one of the most emotionally engaging football games ever made... but that doesn't make it sim.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #72
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
You can thank the Restrictions of a non-nfl license for some of the things you dislike in backbreaker, you know who to thank for that.

As for Madden 2010 being a better product, and your claim of evidence...I think you should wait, sit down and play Madden 2010 for a couple weeks before you state claim that. Talk is talk, interaction is good, but all that matters is implementation and the resulting product. Just because there is talk of improvement and good interaction with the developers doesn't guarantee anything.
I have played it. It doesn't take a couple weeks to see the improvement. A couple of weeks will reveal its flaws, yes, but we're talking about Madden here... it's going to take some damn big flaws for this game to not be light years ahead of it's predecessor.

-Mark Twain.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »