Home

Some Perspective From a Comm. Day Attendee

This is a discussion on Some Perspective From a Comm. Day Attendee within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #33
Rookie

burne's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Some Perspective From a Comm. Day Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
It just seems that since those 8 guys returned they've been apologist/praising everything about EA and the dev team, and I dont blame them.
You seem very passionate about this. Although I don't particularly agree with you, I also have trouble writing you off as many do because at least you have good grammar/structure/flow in making your points rather than the ridiculous bull**** that most of the "haters" write. But look, if you want some credibility in these discussions, then simply do searches for the posts of the CD8 and post some quotes where you believe they've posted in a biased/apologetic manner about the EA Tiburon team. Saying "it just seems" doesn't make your point any less of an attack on their integrity, and that's fine, but just back it up with some hard data.

P.S. I particularly appreciate what you've said because it's gotten the CD guys to post more about what they think of Madden 10. I really do want to pick their brains any way we can.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
When somebody (in a round about way) asks you to elaborate, you say "well, it was an alpha build, with placeholders, once Madden 10 comes out, I know I will finally put 2K5 away"
The actual quote is

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
So long as tuning issues are covered, I know I will be putting 2k5 away finally.
Big difference. He is saying that IF Ian n' Co manage to tune everything well, Madden will finally be good enough to replace 2k5. There is a big IF. He isn't saying anything is absolute.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #35
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
In an attempt to show that you're unbiased you do the ultimate, and claim 2K5 is better than the Madden 10 you played.

When somebody (in a round about way) asks you to elaborate, you say "well, it was an alpha build, with placeholders, once Madden 10 comes out, I know I will finally put 2K5 away"

Then you conclude that NFL 2K5 makes you feel like you're fighting everydown, and Madden 10 doesn't do that, that's why you like 2K5 better.

There's an obvious contradiction here.
???

There isn't a contradiction.

What he is saying is that if they fix all of the problems that the testers stated and noted with the alpha build of Madden 10, the final game will end up being better than 2k5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

See this is where my "concern" kicks in. In fairness it sounds to me from what Adem is saying it is/was a "good start."

The thing is that there are so many things missing from next gen madden as a whole that its impossible to get a lot of the major things the games missing in. Then to fine tune and polish, all in time for August release. Its really asking for miracles. My fear, however, is that though they've started good they might not finish strong.

Too much to do with far too little time. Yet we have new threads everyday on what should be in the game. Perhaps the devs need to just come in and say. "Ok we're good we have enough on our plate." Then take whats on their plate and really really put their brians to it. We're building our own expectations too high, and all this interaction has people asking for even more.

And I dont know how this post is relevant I know I had started writing one that was in response to Adem, but then this came out. Apologies mates.

Last edited by shift9k; 05-10-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by burne
You seem very passionate about this. Although I don't particularly agree with you, I also have trouble writing you off as many do because at least you have good grammar/structure/flow in making your points rather than the ridiculous bull**** that most of the "haters" write. But look, if you want some credibility in these discussions, then simply do searches for the posts of the CD8 and post some quotes where you believe they've posted in a biased/apologetic manner about the EA Tiburon team. Saying "it just seems" doesn't make your point any less of an attack on their integrity, and that's fine, but just back it up with some hard data.

P.S. I particularly appreciate what you've said because it's gotten the CD guys to post more about what they think of Madden 10. I really do want to pick their brains any way we can.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #38
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift9k
See this is where my "concern" kicks in. In fairness it sounds to me from what Adem is saying is/was that its a "good start."

The thing is that there are so many things missing from next gen madden as a whole that its impossible to get a lot of the major things the games missing in, and to still fine tune and polish all that in time for August release. Is really asking for miracles. My fear, however, is that though they've started good they might not finish strong.

Too much to do with far too little time. Yet we have new threads everyday on what should be in the game. Maybe the devs need to just come in and say. "Ok we're good we have enough on our plate." Then take whats on their plate and really really put their brians to it. We're building our own expectations too high, and all this interaction has people asking for even more.

And I dont know how this post is relevant I know I had started writing one that was in response to Adem, but then this came out. Apologies mates.
I don't think so.The testers said that Ian was fixing things on the fly right in front of them on his laptop. Even Ian himself about a week or two ago said that there was a lot of tuning to be done.

If anything, the fact the CD testers (who were very critical about madden) felt that the alpha build of the game was almost on 2k5's level in terms of the overall package should show that once the problems/bugs are worked out, Madden 10 should be an amazing game.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 05-10-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #39
Rookie

burne's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Haha yeah... well, seriously, did you see, for example, what that hmoob guy was saying in that other thread? At least this guy is cohesive in his statements.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
If anything, the fact the CD testers (who were very critical about madden) felt that the alpha build of the game was almost on 2k5's level in terms of the overall package should show that once the problems/bugs are worked out, Madden 10 should be an amazing game.
Again, you can't help but question the source and situation.

First of all, they can't really speak specifically about anything. Secondly, they met the team, had drinks with them, were flown in and played the game all night. Do you know how big of a slap in the face it would be to Ian and his crew if one of these guys were to comeback and say "im sorry, but this game is as bad as the previous versions"

Do you know how unlikely (given the circumstance/situation) that type of comment would be?

Natural human behavior/instinct is to show your appreciation, heck, it's common-courtesy even.

Last edited by PlyrzNumber1; 05-10-2009 at 04:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »