Home

Mouthguards??

This is a discussion on Mouthguards?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #25
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Mouthguards??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeCapone
Yall gotta be kidding me right?

There are some serious issues with madden that far exceed nitpicking like mouthguards.

How about they show us that quarter defense cannot stop the run game huh?

How about making sure these idiots that run pass defense zones all gm have no success and stopping the run and vice versa.

Man good threads and post get overlooked just becuase you guys want mouthguards and make up on your players instead of wanting the game to play like it should and the issues with franchise mode gets fixed for those who are into that sort of thing.

This is getting outta hand here with the mouthgaurds, oh we need fans on the sidleines when the weather is hot, no, we need oxygen tanks for the linemen who get tired fast and we also need accurate wind socks in there correct stadiums. Ahh snaps!!! my team is missing a strip on there jerseys, i'm never buying a madden again yada yada yada!!!!

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!
YOU have got to be kidding me! its has been said 1000 times, THERE ARE SEPARATE TEAMS THAT WORK ON GAMEPLAY AND PRESENTATION! now mouth guards may be a tad over doing it but its RIDICULOUS for all you people to come here in here with gameplay needs fixed first, there cant be that much lack of common sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

Adding mouthguards would just open up more and more negative criticism. Just adding simple mouthguards wouldn't be enough AND YOU GUYS KNOW IT!!!!. I can see the whining now........

His mouthguard isn't white. It's blue.

Why is it in his mouth during the cutscenes? He ALWAYS sticks it in his cage on the right side. WTF!! He doesn't even have a double cage for him stick his mouthpiece there!!!

Can the mouthguards dangle from their cages? Will we see it swing when they're jogging back to the huddle? Since you guys were able to do it with the hand towels this shouldn't be a problem.

Will there be team colored mouthguards? You did it with the cleats, so why not the mouthguards? C'mon EA

.......and that's just the beginning
Old 05-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
Adding mouthguards would just open up more and more negative criticism. Just adding simple mouthguards wouldn't be enough AND YOU GUYS KNOW IT!!!!. I can see the whining now........

His mouthguard isn't white. It's blue.

Why is it in his mouth during the cutscenes? He ALWAYS sticks it in his cage on the right side. WTF!! He doesn't even have a double cage for him stick his mouthpiece there!!!

Can the mouthguards dangle from their cages? Will we see it swing when they're jogging back to the huddle? Since you guys were able to do it with the hand towels this shouldn't be a problem.

Will there be team colored mouthguards? You did it with the cleats, so why not the mouthguards? C'mon EA

.......and that's just the beginning

Exactly!!
Old 05-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 18

hey i started a little thread awhile ago called "give us colored cleats" look where that got us.

maybe you should start a "give us mouth guard" thread.....Ian and co do listen
Old 05-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #29
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
I do agree i would like to see this small detail put in so everything becomes more noticable. There are only a few more pisces of equipment that would make Madden visually perfect.

Flak Jackets
Mouth Guards
Sock Length
+10000000

mouth guards are big in football. almost every player wears one, some are visible, some aren't. but its now 2009, mouthguards have been in the nfl since it was founded, why is madden yet to implement them? besides in last gen maddens.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #30
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Have you been drinking tonight? A mouth-guard is a basic peace of safety equipment that should be in the game.
I am in favor of having the visable mouth guards like Marshal faulk wore, that Frank Gore currently wears and others.. but i hate reading posts like the one I quited becasue despite the intention, too many times people wrtie things like acting as if not seeing a visable mouthguard means no one "wears" them in madden. Every player in football has to whear a mouth guard, but very few wear one that has an exterior showing and/or is atached to the facemask so they can spit it out and put it back in again.

In real life you see players on the sideline take thier mouthpiece out and place it in their helmets, or like I said some have it attached to the front of their facemask so that post play they can spit it out and put it back in after the huddle breaks.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 36

mlb 09 the show has all the little things and that's what makes the game great, and every year they keep adding more. Even nba 2k9 has the little things from the cut scenes to the sounds on the court and in the arena. I think madden should follow those games and add all of these things that people want, even though they are small.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #32
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

I really can't believe the people in here flaming the OP for wanting mouthguards. Every person has a different idea of what makes a great football game. Just because someone values something more in their vision than you do in yours doesn't make it wrong or any less important. C'mon, show a little respect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »