Home

IF there was No Superstar Mode

This is a discussion on IF there was No Superstar Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: IF there was No Superstar Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
You would be happy with Create-a-play replacing an entire mode? Thats ridiculous.

Would everyone shut up about this already. If you don't like SS, its simple, DON'T play it.
i agree 100% percent. that is ridiculous. plus i love superstar mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
You must understand however that your title can lead to assumptions that it should be replaced (Especially if you've been around the past few days).

You could of easily made this same thread without putting any mention of superstar mode and get less emotional post + more actual responses to your question.

In reference to Tengo's post I don't think he was serious about the petition, he was using it as an example.

I'll agree that at first I didn't think you wanted superstar removed but again from the past recently it's not hard to get that assumption from the thread title.

Edit:
Well late with my post...lol

lol well i realized that when i saw people saying im hating on superstar mode but ill be more careful with topics
Old 05-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime24
i agree 100% percent. that is ridiculous. plus i love superstar mode.
thats cool i play it once in a while when im bored but can never get into it idk why
Old 05-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #28
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
Not My Fault I'm A Hardcore fan of madden and would like to see improvements.... And yup Im Calm About It I Just wanted to see opinions of features other people would like to see... I am Not Telling Madden PUT CREATE A PLAY ON THE NEXT MADDEN Now....
My point is that create-a-play could already be in Madden 10. You give the idea that you're just "another" person who thinks that Superstar Mode is pointless and could be removed to improve presentation. It's okay if you're just trying to see what other people think about your idea, but it's not a good idea to start a threat titled: IF there was No Superstar Mode. When you do that, you're abandoning the people who like Superstar Mode.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
My point is that create-a-play could already be in Madden 10. You give the idea that you're just "another" person who thinks that Superstar Mode is pointless and could be removed to improve presentation. It's okay if you're just trying to see what other people think about your idea, but it's not a good idea to start a threat titled: IF there was No Superstar Mode. When you do that, you're abandoning the people who like Superstar Mode.
yea thats why i said or a feature that hasnt been mentioned yet that you would like in the game. i agree and disagree about it being a bad topic but superstar mode fans can still post saying some other feature that they would like. =) My bad Yall..to those who are offended.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
thats cool i play it once in a while when im bored but can never get into it idk why
Because at it's current state, its garbage (wasted potential)....(My opinion...stick by...get mad I don't care). I like the mode but they haven't put enough in to it, to make it really enjoyable.

Actually getting on-topic...Something that Lbzrule mentioned.
Tiered Defensive Play-Calling since that was already confirmed not to be in Madden '10
Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
u know my position by now. i support the create-a-play option over a mode in a sports game. create a play brings creativity to expand your teams current playbook as long as EA put restriction so that its a fair play where the right defense can stop it the primary route
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #32
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Personally, I think SS should be merged with Franchise. There's no reason for them to be two separate modes. Select career mode, get a choice between Franchise or Superstar... and the mode plays out the same either way, except if you chose Superstar, instead of scouting at the combine, you have to perform at the combine. Instead of negotiating with several free agents, you negotiate with several teams.

If me and a friend start up a franchise and he wants to play one player while I control a team, I see nothing wrong with that. (of course, he'd have to play his player on a traditional camera when our teams played one another).
+1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »