Home

USAF Thunderbirds in Madden

This is a discussion on USAF Thunderbirds in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: USAF Thunderbirds in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
On a tangent.

The proof is in the pudding?? What the hell is this meant to mean. No offense to the quoted poster, but i hate how people spew out this stupid cliche. It makes no sense.

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating"

Sorry, first time I've heard that saying in it's entirety above. My family has always said "Proof in the Pudding"

I'm sure the reason is because it's been shortened overtime. Old habits are hard to die.

oops, another cliche. Hopefully, that saying is in it's original version.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 52

Just to set a little context...people get so serious around here.

Yes, "EPIC" was tongue in cheek. The truth is, this cycle we spent a lot of time on a system that allowed us to easily put in new props and particle effects and animate them for cut scenes without support from engineers (we'll blog more about it later). So on that random night, we had no plans for a jet flyover or anything, but I was feeling froggy and just jumped in and custom-made a scene with injury carts flying over the stadium with little smoke putting out of the back. This was our un-finished injury cart at the time...just the model with no skinning. Check it out:

FlyoverInjurycart.JPG

FlyoverInjurycart2.JPG

When you are working on a video game that has tight deadlines, it is really hard to get stuff done that's not scheduled or planned, UNLESS of course you can show some sort of prototype. I sent this video out to the team, and within one day the modeling team had already promised to make us jet models, the VFX team promised to make the smoke look real, the audio guys promised to get a roaring jet sound effect, the animation team promised to hand-craft a scene where the jets went over at the correct speeds and height, and my boss (Phil Frazier) went to work on licenses for the Thunderbirds and the national anthem. So yeah, that night, I thought it was EPIC that a) injury carts were flying over the stadium, and b) we had put something so cool into Madden that had never been there before that c) we had created without any engineering support.

So, there you go.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:03 AM   #59
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Just to set a little context...people get so serious around here.

Yes, "EPIC" was tongue in cheek. The truth is, this cycle we spent a lot of time on a system that allowed us to easily put in new props and particle effects and animate them for cut scenes without support from engineers (we'll blog more about it later). So on that random night, we had no plans for a jet flyover or anything, but I was feeling froggy and just jumped in and custom-made a scene with injury carts flying over the stadium with little smoke putting out of the back. This was our un-finished injury cart at the time...just the model with no skinning. Check it out:

Attachment 16074

Attachment 16075

When you are working on a video game that has tight deadlines, it is really hard to get stuff done that's not scheduled or planned, UNLESS of course you can show some sort of prototype. I sent this video out to the team, and within one day the modeling team had already promised to make us jet models, the VFX team promised to make the smoke look real, the audio guys promised to get a roaring jet sound effect, the animation team promised to hand-craft a scene where the jets went over at the correct speeds and height, and my boss (Phil Frazier) went to work on licenses for the Thunderbirds and the national anthem. So yeah, that night, I thought it was EPIC that a) injury carts were flying over the stadium, and b) we had put something so cool into Madden that had never been there before that c) we had created without any engineering support.

So, there you go.
Please put all 6 in. Other than that, pretty awesome!

Edit: Actually 5 in the "Missing Man" formation would be cooler.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 05-21-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Please put all 6 in. Other than that, pretty awesome!
Definitely, the 'real' flyover is the real formation. Again, this was a prototype.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 31

That first pic,with the sky backdrop is nice.....heck, you could have just left them as Injury Carts if you want...they look cool enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 09:09 AM   #62
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Definitely, the 'real' flyover is the real formation. Again, this was a prototype.

I was wrong it's actually 4. Here's a link to a Youtube flyover vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M9BPE0DAlE

P.S. real funny stuff on the carts!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I was wrong it's actually 4. Here's a link to a Youtube flyover vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M9BPE0DAlE

P.S. real funny stuff on the carts!
This is our formation (at their request):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erzbfklJgbM

Old 05-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #64
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
This is our formation (at their request):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erzbfklJgbM
Perfect. Have them that low too! I'm gonna have to show this to my Dad! He would get a major kick! Great stuff Ian. This with the National Anthem will be really sweet....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »