Home

Is Madden Made For 30yrs?

This is a discussion on Is Madden Made For 30yrs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Is Madden Made For 30yrs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUG-Z
I'm not sure if the current baseball games or basketball games have options where you can lower the amount of games you play, but the old sports games did. For example, a baseball season is 162 games, but you could change it to about 80 or another number. I believe MVP 05 had an option like that.
in nba 2k9 you can lower the amount of games
Old 05-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #18
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatriotsfan
in nba 2k9 you can lower the amount of games
Yea i know but even still 30 games is still alot compared to football, not including 7 game series and some pre season games
Old 05-24-2009, 12:05 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 12

Yeah, I just don't have the time or patience for basketball or baseball, wayyyyy to many games.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #20
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Yes Madden is one of the few games that is built for a long franchise.

Like I said in the other thread. Other sports games allow you to adjust the length so you can play multiple seasons without simulating. Now that I think about it I can't remember if the Show allows you to or not.

This yea I look forward to playing 30 years for the first time because Franchise mode will be more enjoyable. No more seeing Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or any other high profile player in the free agent list during the offseason.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:14 AM   #21
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Every year I look forward to having a long running multiple season franchise. But with the current gen Madden, my franchise falls apart after two seasons or so. Mainly due to sear boredom.

If we get the type of off-line franchise I'm hoping for...one that holds my interest, and unfolds in a somewhat realistic way, I could see myself playing maybe 15 seasons until the next Madden comes out.

I just need...rewarding game play, good depth and sense of realism in franchise mode, and I'm good to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 03:58 AM   #22
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

I've never had a franchise go longer then 7 years until it corrupts and can't go any farther so I honestly couldn't tell you.

NCAA lasts a long time, I've had one 60 year run (the longest) and two others that lasted longer then 20.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:21 AM   #23
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I would say that in it's current form, while it supports 30 years, that the Franchise mode doesn't have enough there to make you want to come back for 30 years. This is why I really wanted a historic franchise mode. I would love to play the cowboys and manage them year over year, watching the league evolve differently from where ever I took over, or playing it out season after season with players that I remember. In it's current form, and with the lack of any story line, atmosphere, or other weekly events driving the franchise making it a compelling experience or making new 'stars' out of players, it's only interesting 2 to 3 years in, until the names you recognize begin to fade away due to retirement.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #24
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I would say that in it's current form, while it supports 30 years, that the Franchise mode doesn't have enough there to make you want to come back for 30 years. This is why I really wanted a historic franchise mode. I would love to play the cowboys and manage them year over year, watching the league evolve differently from where ever I took over, or playing it out season after season with players that I remember. In it's current form, and with the lack of any story line, atmosphere, or other weekly events driving the franchise making it a compelling experience or making new 'stars' out of players, it's only interesting 2 to 3 years in, until the names you recognize begin to fade away due to retirement.
yea well depending the direction they've went with (with) the highlight show could remedy that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »