Home

Is Madden Made For 30yrs?

This is a discussion on Is Madden Made For 30yrs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Question Is Madden Made For 30yrs?

So, I'm sitting trying to play through a franchise in another sports game (Hint: 82 game season) And I just realized half way through the season, I got bored...I played almost 30+ games and the off-season was no where near and pretty much the off-season is the most exciting part to a sports game in which it applies...

So my question, In your opinion...Is Madden the only game that you can realistically play a franchise for several years without being bored. And regardless of the answer why...?

My reasons...Are well as stated...I can play all the games and feel excited that the off-season is coming up pretty soon, Considering I may knock out 2 games per play cycle my seasons add up pretty fast...

Were as in the majority of the other sports games...It takes FOREVER to get to a new season (If you play alot of the games) Just curious...I found this to be a interesting topic to get opinions on...

P.S. Also applies to NCAA Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Is Madden Made For 30yrs?

I'm a little bit confused. Is your thread topic inquiring about Madden being made for 30 year olds or are you asking if Madden's franchise mode is fun to play for 30 years?
Old 05-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

being able to play it for 30 seasons
Old 05-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yes madden has 30 years seasons in franchise mode. Does that answer your question.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

IMO no. I'm almost done with a season in The Show with every game being played. And I don't see myself stopping anytime soon, especially if Maddens franchise dissapoints yet another year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Its VERY hard to play through an NBA season, or MLB season PLAYING every game. And I'm not really a fan of simulating games. I know theres ways to have more control over the game when simulating but I don't have fun doing that. So I HAVE to play em.

And its hard to finish a 162+ game season or an 82+ games season(I say + because of playoffs) and then go through the off season and say, ok lets go through another season. As in Madden you just play 16+ games. So its not such a daunting task.

Is Madden made for 30 year franchises? Sure, IF you're willing to do it. The furthest I've got without simulating is like 4 years I believe. Now you may get technical about things being wrong or broken with progression, contracts, ages, injuries, etc... But you CAN go 30 years. Its possible.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Its VERY hard to play through an NBA season, or MLB season PLAYING every game. And I'm not really a fan of simulating games. I know theres ways to have more control over the game when simulating but I don't have fun doing that. So I HAVE to play em.

And its hard to finish a 162+ game season or an 82+ games season(I say + because of playoffs) and then go through the off season and say, ok lets go through another season. As in Madden you just play 16+ games. So its not such a daunting task.

Is Madden made for 30 year franchises? Sure, IF you're willing to do it. The furthest I've got without simulating is like 4 years I believe. Now you may get technical about things being wrong or broken with progression, contracts, ages, injuries, etc... But you CAN go 30 years. Its possible.
It's because Maddens franchise, along with presentation, lacks depth... which is why it gets so stale after a couple seasons.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #8
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

IMO the Madden franchise is so monotonous... here's what I do in franchise mode:
- skip through preseason because there's no preseason progression
- play a game
- train a couple players in some of the most boring training drills known to man, especially the 40yd dash and bench press.
- play another game and repeat the process till the seasons over then pick up a FA and draft a rookie then repeat the process.

There's no computer to computer trades, no newsletter, no player holdouts... I mean there's so much that could be added to make franchise mode fun to play for more than 2 seasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »