Home

Backtrack Needs To Go

This is a discussion on Backtrack Needs To Go within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Backtrack Needs To Go

Can you turn off Back-Track? I know you can turn off the option to re-do the play.

And I feel like they could replace Back-Track with a feature that does the same thing but a) isn't so intrusive and slow moving and b) better utilizes the amazing graphics and possibilities for life-like replays and commentary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Sorry you guys hate it. Personally I think it is pretty cool and am happy to see it will be used more in Madden 10.

If you do not like it, turn it off or just skip through it...

Old 05-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #10
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
Not to mention, the guy he highlighted was actually about to be open. A touch pass towards the endzone would've easily beaten the coverage, so I guess you don't have a keen eye.

For those with not such a good eye, the TE was wide open on the out pattern (as always).
If the user controlled corner had gotten McNaab, the player wouldn't have been open.

Furthermore, why didn't Collinsworth highlight the TE? The feautre is wrong too often.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #11
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

I agree with the op, although I think the fix it needs is a speedier implementation. if this was a 15 second look at the play it would be so much more tolerable, and probably cool. I wish you could watch it without the option of rewind though. I play on "extreme" (i think is the mode) where you don't have any rewinds during a game and it removes backtrack altogether... ? I don' understand. You can only have a breakdown of plays if you plan to replay them? silly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
I agree with most of what you said. Don't you think that title is a bit misleading though? I feel like you're saying backtrack has a ton of potential that it isn't living up to right now.
I say the idea in general (showing a replay, what went wrong, how you could've avoided it) is great and needs to be in, but the whole format of back-track is horrendous. Takes almost half a minute and isn't even that helpful.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
If the user controlled corner had gotten McNaab, the player wouldn't have been open.

Furthermore, why didn't Collinsworth highlight the TE? The feautre is wrong too often.
But he didn't get McNabb. My hunch is that - Since he had more time, the game decided the deeper receiver could've been the better target, and possibly a TD. Had he been sacked by the first CB, it may have highlighted the TE instead.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Yes, please get rid of it. Useless feature. If people are new to Madden let them learn the Old-Fashioned way - practice.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #15
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
Can you turn off Back-Track? I know you can turn off the option to re-do the play.
Yeah there will be an option this year to turn backtrack completley off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #16
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

No big deal, Ian said it can be turned off...So it's not a problem for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »