Home

The main reason why a Play Creator is desperately Needed

This is a discussion on The main reason why a Play Creator is desperately Needed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 22
Re: The main reason why a Play Creator is desperately Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
personally, i rarely have any lag. If i did have lag, i dont want to watch my created play skip by any more than i want to watch a stock play skip by.

as for cheese with play editor.....i assume that if we had play editor and could take the plays online then i should be able to make defensive plays also. this should allow me to counter any online trends i see or read about.

created plays wont go online unless created playbooks go online. i think that a playbook of your best created OFF plays vs a playbook of my best created DEF plays would take the game to a new level--BUT ONLY AFTER we have an AI system that wont get confused by auds done in a certain order and stuff like that. the AI system needs to be tight before we go down that road.

100% Agreed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #26

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
PS if it isn't in Madden 10 right now, it won't be in at launch.

PS PS I don't tend to have much lag if any in most online games, if the game is laggy we just friendly quit.
+1. I must be lucky or something because I hardly ever get lag.

Play people wit a low dnf connection and it shouldn't be laggy. People with bad dnf are either cheesers or they have a bad connection. I don't play people over 10 dnf.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:54 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey bro, as I posted on your youtube vid, I don't see the relevance between the two. BUT... I kinda see where you're going though.

Check it, lag will mess up any play (user created or not) so I think you're asking for 1. no lag and 2. user created plays.

Linking the two just doesn't make sense in my eyes. I play both online and off and will pick offline play EVERYTIME. The game is a lot faster and less BS.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:26 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 18

"I don't have as much contol online than I do offline"-Apex

Truer words have never been spoken. That slight interuption in the responsiveness makes a huge difference in the Online gameplay. I dream of the day that Madden plays exactly the same online and offline.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:17 AM   #29
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexbronx
ok when it comes to online play, how the game feels or responsiveness takes a back seat to the plays you pick, reason being you have less control online then offline. So if the plays you are choosing from are plays you made from scratch and the gameplan that you are running is the gameplan that you made, then having less control won't matter that much because you are having fun watching your plan come together with your own plays.

Thats why NFL Head Couch 09 had a play creator in it, because it was fun watching the CPU run your own plays that you made. When you're online the game is not that responsive as it is offline, so if the plays you pick are made by you and it's your own gameplan then its fun watching the CPU run your own play according to your Gameplan.
Well I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. In my opinion, and probably most people's opinion, if the game lags it's not enjoyable PERIOD. And that's regardless of generic plays or user created ones.

Simply put, if the game is not responsive I'm not going to feel any better about it because my created plays are being used. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd sacrifice a play editor for great online responsiveness. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #30
Rookie

This should explain what I'm talking about

Old 05-31-2009, 12:10 PM   #31
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Look, we're not getting a play creator in the game.

But...

If we can talk them into IMPORTED PLAYBOOKS, then they can build us an online play creation tool after release.

See, it's alot easier for them to code importable playbooks than it is to design and entire play creator AND fit it all on the disk. More importantly, because the memory size of the tool online is not a factor, the online tool can be much more powerful than anything they build into the game.

The best part about this feature is that the team can add in new wrinkles in mid-season (like the Wildcat) after we've seen them in the real NFL. Just like roster updates, the game can stay current throughout the season. Once the play creation website is up, we can make our own playbooks with all the tools the design team has.

It's the right answer, and the only hope we have of a play editor in Madden '10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #32
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Look, we're not getting a play creator in the game.

But...

If we can talk them into IMPORTED PLAYBOOKS, then they can build us an online play creation tool after release.

See, it's alot easier for them to code importable playbooks than it is to design and entire play creator AND fit it all on the disk. More importantly, because the memory size of the tool online is not a factor, the online tool can be much more powerful than anything they build into the game.

The best part about this feature is that the team can add in new wrinkles in mid-season (like the Wildcat) after we've seen them in the real NFL. Just like roster updates, the game can stay current throughout the season. Once the play creation website is up, we can make our own playbooks with all the tools the design team has.

It's the right answer, and the only hope we have of a play editor in Madden '10.

I don't think to many of us guys pushing for a play creator would be upset with this option. As you say, this option would be more powerful so it would be even better imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »