Home

The main reason why a Play Creator is desperately Needed

This is a discussion on The main reason why a Play Creator is desperately Needed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 22
The main reason why a Play Creator is desperately Needed

Now Imagine the lagging Co-op is gonna make

Now if a Play Creator is there, you can make plays geared for the lag, based on the USER's creativity. Now being that you made the play, that would be the motivating factor for the USER to play through the lag,(which will be there unless a miracle happens) So it becomes about the play the USER creates instead of Stick Skills which no one will really have Online because of lag.

This will keep people playing the Madden 10 longer instead of buying the game for 60$ then selling it at Gamestop for 20$ two months later

Madden needs a Web Based Play and Playbook Creator for Offense and Defense which can import to Madden.

Revised for Clarification

Last edited by apexbronx; 06-01-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: The main reason why a Play Creator is desperately Needed

PS if it isn't in Madden 10 right now, it won't be in at launch.

PS PS I don't tend to have much lag if any in most online games, if the game is laggy we just friendly quit.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

Last edited by KANE699; 05-30-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

play buddys who have good connection....i want it in so i can create plays that i see my panthers run
Old 05-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
PS if it isn't in Madden 10 right now, it won't be in at launch.

PS PS I don't tend to have much lag if any in most online games, if the game is laggy we just friendly quit.
I never really had lag in madden proable once in a blue moon the only sports game I really had bad lag was nba 2k9.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

I got a real bad feeling were not getting a play editor and if we do it will be like HC where you could transfer the plays to Madden but couldn't use them online, which makes it useless imo.

They already said they couldn't include defensive shell assignments because it practically involves re-writing the whole game code. So i got zero hope in this feature even though it's probably the single most thing they could do to improve the replay value.

Online franchise is great in theory but will fail miserabley as far as being practical. People for the most part will just drop out and quit playing. Never seen a game with this feature where this didn't happen.

Online Co-op will introduce a whole new level of cheesing, mark my words. Imagine 2 cheesers doing nothing but labbing for exploits, it's going to be a nightmare.

My buying rests soley on the addition of a play creator and i just don't see it happening. I'm perfectly fine playing the "other game" which wipes the floor with Madden in the gameplay department and a play creator is the only thing that would make me consider a purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 22

don't get me wrong I got high speed cable, but offline is always more responsive then online for any game.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Apex bro sometimes you are going to get lag no matter what. It all depends on the people and their connection. But I agree we need Play creator, but for offline use only. Mainly because to many people would cheese with created plays to much. Then you would have ton conplaints then about people cheesing created plays pretty much. Lets just stick with default playbooks for online use and have the play creator offline use only. But lg is going to always be a problem for some people. Depending on who you play agaist and how good their service is.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
I got a real bad feeling were not getting a play editor and if we do it will be like HC where you could transfer the plays to Madden but couldn't use them online, which makes it useless imo.

They already said they couldn't include defensive shell assignments because it practically involves re-writing the whole game code. So i got zero hope in this feature even though it's probably the single most thing they could do to improve the replay value.

Online franchise is great in theory but will fail miserabley as far as being practical. People for the most part will just drop out and quit playing. Never seen a game with this feature where this didn't happen.

Online Co-op will introduce a whole new level of cheesing, mark my words. Imagine 2 cheesers doing nothing but labbing for exploits, it's going to be a nightmare.

My buying rests soley on the addition of a play creator and i just don't see it happening. I'm perfectly fine playing the "other game" which wipes the floor with Madden in the gameplay department and a play creator is the only thing that would make me consider a purchase.
Yea the whole whole chessing thing will become a big problem for a whole new level of cheesing. The lob passing will become a problem and stuff like that. Plus the bubble screens and any other type of screen along with that will be abuse aswell. Thats why coop I really ain't going to use because it going to case so many chessing problems and to many people going stop playing it qucikly after it comes out. But we will have to wait and see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »