Home

New E3 videos from Pastapadre

This is a discussion on New E3 videos from Pastapadre within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #49
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: New E3 videos from Pastapadre

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Yeah... i saw the run stuff near the LoS on a couple of occasions but i didn't see any pressure on thr QB in any passing plays...

We'll all have to wait and see on the efficacy of the sliders... and the detail at which they reach.
-would it be possible to weaken the O-line or strengthen the D-line?

my guess it that there are sliders for run blocking / pass blocking and something defensive like a block shedding slider for example. don't quote me on this though. just speculation
Old 06-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 16

You can tell the difference between 09 and 10.

Just look at the QB drop back and movement throughout the pocket. Looks smooth!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
Sure it's not perfect, but the tuning is visible. I noticed it on the clip where a Bears OLB was covering a slot guy who ran an out. The OLB took a turn step or two that you can tell came right out of the work Ian posted some time ago. It's getting there, and some is much better than none.
cool im gonna go back and look for that in the vid. i agree, its gotta be good getting some tuning then none @ all. for all we know, they could still be tuning it. after playing a full yr of ncaa 09, im sure itll be noticed when i get my mitts on the full madden game. this yrs madden should be so much better than '09!! from all ive seen so far, i dont see much to go against that belief.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #52
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Qb great post

#4 and your conclusion is spot on.....

the game needs spreading out.........

However i dont see the speed as the real issue, i think its the size of the field compared to the speed of the players. in real football teams are afraid to leave a guy 1 on 1 if he is not good because help may arrive 40yds later in madden his mates will be there in 2-3 secs flat costing you maybe 10 yds so it wont matter.........

the game is too clustered for the fast reaction times
Old 06-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
You can tell the difference between 09 and 10.

Just look at the QB drop back and movement throughout the pocket. Looks smooth!!!!
Looks much better but it's not to the point where you could say that's exactly how real life QB's move..
It's all about improving and improving. I welcome that with open arms.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #54
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

After looking at both Madden and NCAA vids again, and again I can say that I for the first time in 5 years will be buying both games. And the crazy/good thing is that these are not the finished versions of these games. I was skeptical as to how much the devs could pull off the changes they were trying to make. Not anymore. Great job EA.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well I have been a basher for many years now of EA games, but the Madden looks very promising. The passing looks tons better, the blocking and interaction between the offensive and defensive line looks better.

I am impressed so far.

I would have LOVED for them to include actual game highlights when you go to the extra point. NFL2k5 had that I believe and it was a very very cool feature.

I hope one day we will have that as it just adds another layer of depth to franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #56
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
After looking at both Madden and NCAA vids again, and again I can say that I for the first time in 5 years will be buying both games. And the crazy/good thing is that these are not the finished versions of these games. I was skeptical as to how much the devs could pull off the changes they were trying to make. Not anymore. Great job EA.
I buy both games every year. With that being said, hopefully this year will be the first in a very, very, very long time that I don't regret my buying decision!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »