Home

presentation is great

This is a discussion on presentation is great within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: presentation is great

Thanks for the link, it was a good read. I actually got more out of the gameplay impressions than the opinions on presentation. I think the presentation is something that's going to have to be experienced personally before saying it surpasses 2k5 though. Not having highlights in the XP is disappointing, but considering the other aspects of presentation it could very well surpass 2k5 as a total package.

Last edited by Pro Bowler; 06-04-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #18
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

This is why Ian's twitter is posted with angry messages about the whining cry babies on OS. Seriously 2k5 has played it's course and honestly if it's surpassed then it is.

You guys are worse than guys trying to upgrade 2k games that have no sequels. Honestly you act like it's impossible for Madden to finally be a better game than 2k5.

I mean from what I've read, followed on blogs and from all the videos I've watched. I finally see a football game that will finally make me put 2k5 to rest and let it go.

But I swear some people are just being nitpicky and it's very annoying. You telling me that a half-time show makes a damn difference. GTFO! Seriously from all the things Chase has shown, and from videos on G4 and other sites. I've seen a lot of things in Madden that prove they have really brought us true Next-Gen graphics and presentation.

Anyone who is still denying that, is just being ignorant and straight up bias. Stop causing problems with always trying to find faults in this series. These guys have done a hell of a lot more than any other developers have done in so little time. I mean come on, until you can do better, shut up! Because I can assure if any of you could program, write code, and anything up to the levels that these guys have done. You wouldn't be in this damn thread making a mockery of everything they do, you'd be making your own football game.

These guys aren't an evil organization, they are dedicated to listening to our thoughts and ideas for months now and have implemented almost everything we requested, all the way down to colored cleats. And no matter what they do you point out something else that is so ****ing minor. Excuse my french!

Seriously, if you can do better then go on, stop posting 100 of messages, always trying to point out flaws, because no one has named anything that was a game killer, or anything that really matters that is missing. I mean half-time, seriously! You want a half time watch ESPN on T.V. it's a video game. We want to play it and play it with great graphics and gameplay while being entertainment. Not watch Highlights. What they do have for half-time isn't much to complain about.

smh! at some of you seriously! Grow up!

Everyone on their squad have done a great job in less than a year.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #19
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

The presentation is not great and alot of it has to do with the audio. I'm willing to say that NCAA 10 still has better presentation than Madden because of how fluidly the audio flows together.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-04-2009, 12:35 AM   #20
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
The presentation is not great and alot of it has to do with the audio. I'm willing to say that NCAA 10 still has better presentation than Madden because of how fluidly the audio flows together.
did ncaa take on new presentation package this year as well?

Oh by the way, I think it rocks your name is rocky LOL. I read your sig and look up and your SN is freaking rocky LOL, You need to change your location to Philadelphia, PA. lol
Old 06-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
This is why Ian's twitter is posted with angry messages about the whining cry babies on OS. Seriously 2k5 has played it's course and honestly if it's surpassed then it is.

You guys are worse than guys trying to upgrade 2k games that have no sequels. Honestly you act like it's impossible for Madden to finally be a better game than 2k5.

I mean from what I've read, followed on blogs and from all the videos I've watched. I finally see a football game that will finally make me put 2k5 to rest and let it go.

But I swear some people are just being nitpicky and it's very annoying. You telling me that a half-time show makes a damn difference. GTFO! Seriously from all the things Chase has shown, and from videos on G4 and other sites. I've seen a lot of things in Madden that prove they have really brought us true Next-Gen graphics and presentation.

Anyone who is still denying that, is just being ignorant and straight up bias. Stop causing problems with always trying to find faults in this series. These guys have done a hell of a lot more than any other developers have done in so little time. I mean come on, until you can do better, shut up! Because I can assure if any of you could program, write code, and anything up to the levels that these guys have done. You wouldn't be in this damn thread making a mockery of everything they do, you'd be making your own football game.

These guys aren't an evil organization, they are dedicated to listening to our thoughts and ideas for months now and have implemented almost everything we requested, all the way down to colored cleats. And no matter what they do you point out something else that is so ****ing minor. Excuse my french!

Seriously, if you can do better then go on, stop posting 100 of messages, always trying to point out flaws, because no one has named anything that was a game killer, or anything that really matters that is missing. I mean half-time, seriously! You want a half time watch ESPN on T.V. it's a video game. We want to play it and play it with great graphics and gameplay while being entertainment. Not watch Highlights. What they do have for half-time isn't much to complain about.

smh! at some of you seriously! Grow up!

Everyone on their squad have done a great job in less than a year.
Not everyone who is upset about the half-time show is a 2K fanboy/EA *****. Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean everyone else is wrong in being upset about that particular video. Sure people are going overboard and won't let some things go, but come on now. That half-time show was AWFUL. I guess I am now a Madden *****?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 12:45 AM   #22
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Not everyone who is upset about the half-time show is a 2K fanboy/EA *****. Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean everyone else is wrong in being upset about that particular video. Sure people are going overboard and won't let some things go, but come on now. That half-time show was AWFUL. I guess I am now a Madden *****?
Personally I don't care what you are! I was saying that some times when so much more is added, that is something really petty! Real petty!

The only reason they even started talking about it, was because it was compared to 2k5 and then people went off the handle. And the presentation is more than just some half-time feature.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

I think the hightlights have to be tweaked, it had really strange plays highlighted. One example was a 1 yard rush by hassleback.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Personally I don't care what you are! I was saying that some times when so much more is added, that is something really petty! Real petty!

The only reason they even started talking about it, was because it was compared to 2k5 and then people went off the handle. And the presentation is more than just some half-time feature.
Ok, ok. I get the gist of your post. People are discrediting the overall presentation too much based on the lackluster "show". To that I definitely agree. I dislike what was shown, but the presentation package got a major uplift.

Last edited by thmst30; 06-04-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »