Home

Offline Franchise Information - This is What We Know

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise Information - This is What We Know within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Offline Franchise Information - This is What We Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well Ian gave alot of people what they wanted was a online franchise mode. Yes it got a lot of time at E3 because it was a big new feature. But the offline franchise is been around for long time. But as josh has already told us 4 months in the first franchise blog. That there would be more franchise blogs to come. I am sure in the coming month month are 2 that is left before the game comes out. That the main blogs will be left for talking bout offline franchise amd online franchise. Because that is what bout left to talk about. There will some info soon on offline franchise mode. I feel what ya'll are feeling. I want info to on franchise mode. Bu the best thing to do for now is wait.
Dude...just stop. If there was big improvements they would have mentioned them and they would have been revealed when people played the game at E3. And online franchise isn't all it was talked up to be anyway. I'm loving what I'm seeing with alot of the game and I'm looking forward to playing it, but it has flaws still.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
Dude...just stop. If there was big improvements they would have mentioned them and they would have been revealed when people played the game at E3. And online franchise isn't all it was talked up to be anyway. I'm loving what I'm seeing with alot of the game and I'm looking forward to playing it, but it has flaws still.
LOL good post. I'm curios to know, what exactly did Adembroski do for franchise. He says he was brough into CD to handle this matter, but I'm not seeing many improvements that he assisted with honestly. No disrespect to him it just goes to my theory that the CD people were brought in for show. The EA Dev team knew where they were headed and were going to do it regardless of what the CD said.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #59
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
Bro I never said anything bout there been any big improvements in franchise mode. If you was to read that first blog bout 4 months ago done by Josh Looman. He made a statment in there and said don't expect not big in this year in franchise mode. Yea they fixed the franchise freeze problem so no one should have no reason to complain bout that. They fix every thing from FA logic to the Draft logic and all that. Josh also said don't expect from them just to throw Headcaoch 09 stuff there in the first year. You people just don't get the point. Ian and his team has spent the last 12 months rebuilding madden from the ground up and Ian explained that to us time after time. Josh also said said don't expect HC09 just to be thrown into the franchise mode in the first year. But know some of you people just will never be happy no matter what. If the game has one little glitch then ya'll will start pointing fingers at Ian and say why did you let this happen. Please fix it. I understand everyone of you. I want a deep offline franchise aswell. But Ian and his crew had to redo the whole thing. And next year franchise offline mode will have more stuff added to it. But there is only so much Ian can do. Man I am mad to that the offline franchise mode was not focus on more before they started messing with online franchise. But it is done and there is nothing you are I can do about. I am going to get the game this year and enjoy it point blank.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 06-05-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #60
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
LOL good post. I'm curios to know, what exactly did Adembroski do for franchise. He says he was brough into CD to handle this matter, but I'm not seeing many improvements that he assisted with honestly.

Since you asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I was given a choice between two ways they could go with an aspect of progression, both of them had a small but noticeable undesirable element. I went with the lesser issue.

Basically, the choice was regarding progression, and I had made the suggestion at community day that some physical attributes... notably Speed and Agility... should not progress much... maybe a point or two over the course of a given player's career, and only very early in his career. Unfortunately, you change one thing, you're going to have some undesired consequences.

The way progression works in Madden as it stands is that it takes the existing overall rating, and determines what the new overall rating should be, then it goes and raises individual attributes in such a way that it raises that overall to it's new point. At community day, it was using SPD and AGI to help with this. With those two ratings out of the loop, it runs out of attributes to raise... and for some reason this creates a bug where the player sort of "bounces off the ceiling" in terms of ratings and drops instead of going up.

Because of this bug, Josh Looman asked me to pick one, as the game was up against a data freeze... SPD and AGI go up upwards of 10 points over a career, or the latter. I looked at the frequency of its occurrence... it only happens to extremely high rated players and only 1 every other year or so... and decided to go with that.

So, the end result is every once in a while, Larry Fitzgerald is going to have 100 catches for 1500 yards and 15 touchdowns and drop from a 98 to a 96. It appears it only happens during a player's flat period (progression is split into 3 periods... a progression period during which he cannot lose points but can gain up to 6 a season, a flat period where he can gain or lose no more than 2 points a season, and a regression period where he can no longer go up but steadily declines toward his basement), so it only happens by 2 points and I've never seen it happen to the same player twice... he usually gets the 2 points back the next progression cycle.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #61
Banned

Adembroski said in that same thread that he though Looman was going to make that decision anyway so that further validates my theory. DLaren you really think they let a CD guy make that huge decision? nope, they asked a question which anybody with common sense would come to the same conclusion and then acted like he made a huge decision. Any "SIM" hell any sane person would choose the same thing, minor regression over people jacking up 10 points in STR and AGI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #62
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
DLaren you really think they let a CD guy make that huge decision?
I don't know, and at this point I don't care.

Madden'10 won't have a franchise-mode that rivals the one found in NFL HeadCoach'09, and that fact has me considering whether or not I should skip Madden'10 and just continue my HeadCoach franchise.

Though I'm still holding out hope that there is something about Madden'10s franchise-mode that will pull me in that hasn't been revealed yet.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 7

Well, all I know is that I can't wait to either be ecstatic over the progression system or let down by it. I'm probably going to like it. The speed thing is iffy but if it's only 10 points it's not catastrophic. I just can't wait to have to make the decision of whether or not to resign my star 29 YO WR to a 6 year extension knowing that he's going to decline in rating once he gets over 30.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #64
Banned

All WR might not start declining at 30 it's only the RB who are virtually guaranteed to decline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »