Home

I'm hoping the developers of the game can take a few extra looks at the run blocking.

This is a discussion on I'm hoping the developers of the game can take a few extra looks at the run blocking. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm hoping the developers of the game can take a few extra looks at the run blocking.

Especially the plays that are designed with lineman pulling

In every video I have seen with a counter or power o running play, there seems to be some funky animation stuff going on.

It looks like both the left guard and right guard start a pull animation regardless of what direction the play is going. That is a big no no in real life. The center should also be blocking back against the defender covering the pulling guard unless the D is in a 3 man front. That's the only way to keep the RB from getting chased down in the backfield by the backside defenders.

The blocking should look more like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1PiTuBhELb...counter-TE.png
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: I'm hoping the developers of the game can take a few extra looks at the run block

+ 1 Blocking logic seemed way broke as of E3 on run plays.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I'm hoping the developers of the game can take a few extra looks at the run block

"It may have just been me but the run blocking seemed to be the weakest aspect of the game. While I was able to break off some really nice runs, I was also stopped in the backfield more than felt should be normal. I consider myself to be a stronger runner than passer in Madden but I really found myself opting to pass far more because of this. The CPU didn’t seem to have the same issue going against me though as shown by how Portis tore me up."

-Pasta Padre-
pastapadre.com

Rushes for negative yardage has plagued so many football games in the past. I really hope the Madden team can put this issue in the grave.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
"It may have just been me but the run blocking seemed to be the weakest aspect of the game. While I was able to break off some really nice runs, I was also stopped in the backfield more than felt should be normal. I consider myself to be a stronger runner than passer in Madden but I really found myself opting to pass far more because of this. The CPU didn’t seem to have the same issue going against me though as shown by how Portis tore me up."

-Pasta Padre-
pastapadre.com

Rushes for negative yardage has plagued so many football games in the past. I really hope the Madden team can put this issue in the grave.
+1
Old 06-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison160
+ 1 Blocking logic seemed way broke as of E3 on run plays.
The plays with lineman pulling seemed to be the worst. It's not a game killer. If they can't fix it I just won't use those type of runs, but it would be nice to have them in my arsenal as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ian should be working on this stuff this week hopefully that need to be fixed.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
Rookie

At 1:14 in the video, it works correctly, but at 1:30 the nose tackle comes through the line untouched and tackles the Qb before he can even get the toss off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0PCsonc8QU

Sorry, I'm unable to embed the video.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay
At 1:14 in the video, it works correctly, but at 1:30 the nose tackle comes through the line untouched and tackles the Qb before he can even get the toss off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0PCsonc8QU

Sorry, I'm unable to embed the video.
WOW! That is pretty bad... The guy was bringing his safety up and center was going to block safety rather than defensive tackle. Ian did say he was addressing ol-dline issues this week though. Hopefully that gets fixed asap! good find though!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »