Home

Super Star mode still Unchanged Again?

This is a discussion on Super Star mode still Unchanged Again? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 04:12 AM   #41
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Super Star mode still Unchanged Again?

how about they sell madden for $10 cheaper and make a superstar dlc for $10 and use the extra disc space for commentary and animations and stuff. i kno it will never happen but for the people who actually want it, they'll buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 05:54 AM   #42
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I really never bother with SS mode myself. But I am sure josh looman has fixed SS mode up this year to where some of you that love that mode will enjoy more.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I really never bother with SS mode myself. But I am sure josh looman has fixed SS mode up this year to where some of you that love that mode will enjoy more.
He surely tuned some stuff (which was needed badly). But he probably spent 1% of his time on Superstar since franchise was Madden 10's #1 priority both off and online.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:14 AM   #44
All Star

OVR: 33

Superstar Mode kicker would be fun. If the loading screens were really fast it would be a blast to finish a season in like half an hour. And finish a career in like 5 hours.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #45
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

referrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">ath o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f">ath>fficeffice" />ffice:word" />I'd like to see them do something like NCAA this year, The Career follower maybe with Rich Eisen or some NFL Network commentator. >>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
GIMMICKS & Out of Game activities>>
-Bring back the daily-decision like last gen NCAA (Meaning the evening activities). >>
-Make stuff up like visit your QB or Correctly skilled position Skill players w/ skilled linebacker/fullback & line >>
-Go out to a movie, ball game, Go on a date, Shopping & Yes go to club with NFL players or teammates. (And possibly risk trouble)Think of possibilities. . .>>
- Coach could bench you for breaking team rules. >>
-Team Meetings/ Film Sessions, Players Meeting>>
Also it was kind of Cheesy but bring back the parents. lol Its a new refurbished look with parents plus the drills from Madden 09 would be nice. Imagine a book worm, science lab un-athletic mother giving birth to a child who will eventually run a 4.2 and Become The next Larry Fitzgerald. That’s just depth that hasn’t been there haha Sort of.>>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
Scrap and add at least 40+ interviews and include different reporters. >>
> >
> >
> >
>>
> >
> >
Implement a Condo/Apartment set up, like the rooms on old-gen. With your teams practice field and scenery through a window. With the schedule, history book, play book, Cellular device (maybe receive text messages from teammates and other players around the league) Burn Asante` Samuel one week, the next day he sends you a trash talking text saying how he will have you on lock like closed door the next game. >>
>>
> >
> >
> >
PRESENTATION>>
Add Commentary into your games, when there are cut scenes on your player add insightful info on him, such as his favorite meal, Favorite car, College, or high school achievements (can all be easily made up) Something like "And PLAYER was just a phenomenal Quarterback in High School, He broke the (Home state) High School record for Passing Yards & Yards per attempt in just his Junior Season!" Once he becomes a highlight player or big name guy . . . Something like "We should've known this kid was going to be a star. Most Running backs from Sunshine state are. You look at guys in the league like Portis, McGahee, and Gore, They are all studs and this guy just might be right up there with them.">>
>>
>>
> >
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
NEED TO HAPPEN>>
- Your Superstar should never begin as a starter.
- Set up pre-season goals, even if you meet all of them Place accordingly, NO Starter though
- More Road to the Show affect, Lower Superstar rating, with High potential.
- By low rating I mean somewhere from 55-76 tops
- Better Play calling
- Situational use of your player, He might just be a Special teams player his entire rookie season.
- Make becoming a starter very difficult and sometimes lengthy. You will get on the field anyways at any position besides maybe fullback and QB.
- Make the Performance institute a must weekly task, No simulation or negative effects on ratings. No gain on ratings though
- Progression only by great players (89+ overall) or Play performance on the field. Maybe a slight rating (1-3 points) boost because of high potential
- Off Season task and scheduling, Mini camp, OTA’s, etc. . . .
- Realistic FA, and Signing logics
- Commentary and In-depth analysis on Player.
- Also, post game interviews, the ability to set your personality would be amazing additions.
>>
ON FIELD >>
- Improve the gameplay
- Ability to watch action while your off the field
- ^^ include multiple angles & occasional cut scenes on your player on the sideline
- NEW dialogue, Sound effects and crowd chants, yells to change superstar feel
- Recordable Chants for crowd to cue, sounding like a crowd ( MLB Show stuff)
- More In-Depth Positional Specific Control Scheme (More control) Maybe adding trigger/bumper modifiers.
- Add On field emotion and personalities
- Hard Work, No simulation or easy roads build your Superstar into a superstar
- Automatic 15 minute Quarters, with Accelerated clock and realistic CPU usage of clock. What I mean by that is, No domination in T.O.P. or Minimal clock usage of Opponent unless the situation requires speed up.
- Become a Fan Favorite!

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

something i think would be cool is if they changed how you create your superstar and trained him. for example, when you first make your superstar, you could keep most of the current drills. instead of some, you could replace them with some of the old gen training things. for instance, when doing one of the defensive lineman training drills, it has you and two teammates trying to to tackle a running back. i don't really see how this tests your superstars ability since whenever the running back runs in a direction opposite yours, he usually scores. i also don't see how it tests if your defensive lineman superstar should get better at his "power" move or "finesse" move. if they replaced this with the defensive lineman drill from say madden 2003 where your d-lineman squared off against an o-line man, that would make more sense as you actually go up against an o-line man and you have no one to rely upon but yourself. Another thing the madden team could do is put more work into the off season. for example, in nba 2k8, when the off season came around, there were a number of things you could have your players do as long as you fullfiilled the required achievement list. I think this would be a nice addition to a pretty bland offseason. anyone else have any thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »