Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
but wait, apex told me they haven't changed the playbooks at all except for the wildcat!

Perhaps he couldn't catch that bit of truff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #42
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Nice Blog, I don't expect much in franchise mode this year, but if this works as said it should then I believe that this is just another big step in the right direction for "11".

Now I would also like to know do teams study your teams tendency say I have been running the ball for 5-6 weeks and I'm running it well. Do teams start the game off ready for the run, sense I have been running it in other games or do they just adapt during the game? Basically I guess I'm trying to say does the AI try to adapt and make it seem like it was studying are team for that week? or is that to advance at the moment?
Old 07-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #43

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: New Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmark
i hope those percentages he mentioned are not set in stone because then u can basically set you defense to stop the plays if you know what is coming based on percentages down and distance. i hope there will be alo variety
You mean pretty much do exactly what NFL teams do prior to every single game?

Teams literally type in plays into a computer and gameplan around the percentages they come up with in addition to the personnel. That's real life my friend.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 7
this is going to make franchise mode AMAZING! finally each game will feel real and you will have to game plan accordingly. This dev team really does seem to be on there A game.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #45

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: New Blog

Like many, my main question is how are coaching changes going to be handled in relation to play percentages.

I'd also like to know more about what was done to improve the 3-4. By improve, do they actually mean it is run the way it is designed to in real life? In the past, using a 3-4 in Madden was just like using a 4-3 but only with 3 lineman and an extra backer. That's not how it is supposed to be.

Lineman have VERY different responsibilites in both the 3-4 and 4-3 and this has never been depicted correctly in any game.

My last question...will us "junior game-planners" have access to these percentages prior to our games like real coaches do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I think it was Dat Swag that said a few formations and a couple new plays is far away from a custom playbook.

Is 35 new formations and 1000 new plays getting closer?
Old 07-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 18

AWESOME blog, anything to differentiate teams and make them play more like their real life counterparts is a huge step in the right direction.

Just another addition to this years game to personalize teams/players. Great job.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #48
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
well no coach/coordinator has "no data," right? i guess ea will guestimate based on whatever the team guy x coached last year ran, in addition to looking at personnel. it won't be as exact as the coaches with history, but it might be close enough.
I'd guess this is what they'll base it off of. I'd say mostly that coaches personel onthe new team more than their precious team since they'll probably have different stregnths than the last team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »