Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #25
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: New Blog

Glad to see that VIP has been put in, abit in a smaller form.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements

First off, really cool blog. Improved AI to me meant alot more than just situational playcalling....it means some semblance of gameplanning, which in this case is achieved by better utilizing the team stars.

I do have a question though.....how does this work for a first-time head coach that has no 'real' data? Are they assigned some sort of generic statistics package for playcalling? It would be a shame if this update to the AI was only effective and noticeable for the first year of franchise.

I'm also worried that at some point in a franchise, NE will hire for instance Brad Childress, and Brad will bring his Vikings playbook to NE and it just won't make any sense. I'm pretty sure Madden coach hiring will only work on overall coach rating and not style of play? So how does this system make sure that playcalling always makes sense after coaching changes and such?
Old 07-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 31
Re: New Madden 10 Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
What do you guys think? (I'm not sure what I think which is why I am asking)
Well, initially it sounds like they kinda went off what they knew from last year in the NFL...for each team....not really the coaches. So some may be off with what is going to happen in the upcoming NFL season, yes.....
But the cool thing is about future seasons in franchise, how the AI is gonna kinda feed to the players on your teams strengths, and develope gameplans towards the CPU teams strengths..thats awesome !
Old 07-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #28
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53

I do have a question though.....how does this work for a first-time head coach that has no 'real' data? Are they assigned some sort of generic statistics package for playcalling? It would be a shame if this update to the AI was only effective and noticeable for the first year of franchise.
Good question...
Old 07-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #29
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

Now that was a good blog. *Waits for a blog on the improvements to the 3-4*
Old 07-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #30

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Good question...
I thought so! I know you weren't responding to me but I thought I would bump my question for those that missed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Great Info!

I will ask the masses a question:

How do you think playbooks and tendencies will be handles with teams with new coaches such as McDaniels in Denver?

Will it be an assumption based on what the team has? Or will it be tendencies based on his previous gig?

I am glad they mentioned the Patriots who tend to pass quite a bit.

Logic would say that since McDaniels was their coordinator last year, his offense and tendencies would carry over to the Broncos. However, with the drafting of Moreno, it is highly speculated the Broncos will try and pass off of the run.

What do you guys think? (I'm not sure what I think which is why I am asking)
Old 07-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #31
Puck Dynasty

soxnut1018's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: New Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmark
i hope those percentages he mentioned are not set in stone because then u can basically set you defense to stop the plays if you know what is coming based on percentages down and distance. i hope there will be alo variety
But in real life defense play percentages too. If you are playing the Vikings you know they like to run, but that does not mean you can stop it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #32
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

It would be excellent to see team tendencies like the upcoming Bills no-huddle attack in-game...

...but not the patented Dick Jauron "run first two downs, pass third down" "attack" that will probably make the Bills the most predictable and easiest team to play against in the game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »