Home

Commercial Breaks

This is a discussion on Commercial Breaks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do you feel?
Yes 35 13.46%
No 199 76.54%
Don't care 7 2.69%
I like what MLB 2k9 did 19 7.31%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Commercial Breaks

Death to the people who voted "yes" lol

BTW, seing as I didn't play it, what did MLB 2K9 do???
Old 07-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Ummm, no. I hate commercials during real games. Why would I want my video game to have them and it take twice as long to finish a game? Also, if there were commercials using real products in them meaning EA is getting advertising cash does that mean my game will be much cheaper? No since it is EA we are talking about here.

Sorry but I have no desire to make the people at EA even richer as they continue to try and milk the customer and spend less time on fixing things. It already seems like they have totally fudged the camera angle for online co-op making the mode borderline unplayable so something like this would just take away more time/effort that should be spent on a useful area.

If people want more "realism" in this sense then watch a game on tv and pretend that is you in the game.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 22

O hell no! WTF? After my first several games ima be skipping through the replays. YTF would i want commercial breaks? Unless it had an option to be turned off, operated seamlessly, and had actual commercials uploaded from real life with the ability to choose which commercials you wanted to choose (i don't wanna see a medical commercial if i don't have too), then they can put it in...i guess.

I say I guess 'cuz to me that is more of a gimmick from the Ortiz era than an actual feature.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Huh??? are you kidding me?? commercials breaks..people want to be immersed in the play that occurs on the field. You wanna be immersed in commercials? Commercials are the last thing I want to see, and I wish i could skip through them in real life. I don't want ANY commercials, the in game ads are as far as advertising should go.

Buddy, I hate to burst your bubble, but players deal with commercial breaks too. They have designated commercial lengths, and the players have to stand around and wait until the network gives the signal to come back from commercial. And all that time, commercials are being played in the stadium, with volume so deafening you cant hear yourself think. So while its not the same as a viewer see's it, and not nearly as often, players still deal with commercial breaks.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

no. why would we want to see them?
I actually liked what superstar mode in madden 06 for the ps2 did though. It had little made-up advertisements for the different movies and studios your superstar could enter in.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #14
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

people use DVR so they can skip through commercials for real games why would they want to sit through commercials for a video game? Its a game, not tv. If i want commercials i'll flip the tv on.

Are you people trying to make it take 4 hours to get through a gameweek in this game? I mean, pregame, halftime, postgame shows, commercials, intros, this, that, whatever... the game would take forever.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
And all that time, commercials are being played in the stadium, with volume so deafening you cant hear yourself think. So while its not the same as a viewer see's it, and not nearly as often, players still deal with commercial breaks.

there really isn't many "commercials" played at the actual stadium, there may be some here and there but not a ton, theres enough advertising around the stadium. Usually during commercial breaks they show old highlights, other gamebreaks, crowd cam, little games to get the crowd involved like which helmet is the football under or which beer will win the race, movie clips (during a Jets game they showed the part in Beerfest near the end where the guy tries giving a peptalk), etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Why do you guys act if you have to sit through it? If you don't want to watch it, then skip it. Not a big deal. Just because you don't want it does not make it a joke like most of you think.

You guys all want presentation and stuff. How does a commercial not add to presentation?

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »