Home

Madden NFL 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #801
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
No, it's far from terrible. As a matter of fact this is probably the best Madden since Madden 06 on the Xbox for me. It's just not a big step forward in the gameplay department. Presentation is much improved as there are stat overlays after just about every play. But at the end of the day, gameplay is still what keeps you playing games and I don't see a lot of difference between this year and last year.

Oh and the button mashing to recover a fumble is a joke. Worst idea ever. I guess I'll lose every fumble online because some 14 year old kid can mash buttons faster than me.

There are major improvements in terms of presentation and minimal improvements in gameplay.
Ian said that in the retail version, you will be able to turn off the button-masher and make it based on ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #802
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

I have to say that this game is going to be a great game and I'm glad I reserved my copy.. GREAT JOB IAN AND DEVS...
Old 07-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #803
Rookie

OVR: 7

Its pretty solid imo. The demo didnt have commentary, music, half time show or post game show (super bowl celebration) and also was missing some of the gameplay tweaks that Ian put in later in development. Rushing the ball is much more enjoyable now, and passing is slightly more difficult and realistic. Slowing the game down was a very good idea also.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #804
Rookie

OVR: 5

question. Has anyone been actually involved in a pro-tak tackle? I play as the FS and I can never get in. I always fall to the ground
Old 07-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #805
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: ***Official Madden NFL 10 Demo Impressions Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by x itz ko
just had my first KO return with breaston 94 yards untouched
I had a 95 yard KO return(which is my only score so far through three games).

I threw three picks in one game, one of them I was happy to see. I had pressure on me, right before I forced the ball to Fitz, Harrisson hit me and the ball went floating(it was indeed picked off) by Ryan Clark who took it 90 yards for a TD.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #806
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Eli did a 5 step drop and slid into the snow but didn't go down all the way. This delay in the play gave Terrence Newman time enough to recognize the curl route that his man just did and step forward to snatch the ball when Eli threw it. Awesome play.

Also, last game, it was 3rd and 2 or so on the 3 yard line... Felix Jones took a hand off and fell over in the snow and went down on his knees and they said he was down so I had to settle for a FG... I was so pissed.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #807
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
You may not have seen it, but Ian did say this demo is pre-tweaks to the pass rush. The final version should be different.
really? Good News
Old 07-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #808
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm about to download it now...one question I have is about the slowing down of the game play. On 09 if I put together a 13 or 14 play drive, that could eat up an entire quarter...literally. Do you think that slowing down of the game play could make possessions even longer than '09?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »