Home

This game doesn't even feel like Madden.

This is a discussion on This game doesn't even feel like Madden. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6
This game doesn't even feel like Madden.

First off, I love all of the new presentation additions to Madden this year. I love how they went so in depth on what you see on Sunday, is in the game. However, there were some problems I came across while playing.

1. The game is very slow compared to other games, but this isn't a biggy because it says in the demo that you can adjust the game speed in the settings.

2. Throwing. Wow I don't even know where to start. The throwing is completely different in this year's game. No longer can you hold down the receivers button and throw a bullet. I mean you can, but it's definitely not as hard and fast as it used to be. The passing accuracy seems to be off. My WR beat the defender and I was trying to squeeze the ball between the Safety and the CB and for some reason the QB threw the ball right to the safety. I even tried the same play again and the exact same thing happened. Idk why but the passing feels very weird this year.

3. Bringing down runners. This is really gonna hurt. I had 4 guys trying to bring down Marion Barber and he somehow slipped out of it, broke another tackle and scored. However, when I had the ball, I couldnt break out of two guys trying to tackle me. (I'm just glad I'll be playing as the Vikings)

Those are the only main things I didn't like in the demo, but I'm not going to worry too much because it's only a demo. I can remember last year I wasn't too happy with the demo either, but I purchased 09 and I still feel it was the greatest Madden ever released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: This game doesn't even feel like Madden.

I love the passing. Fitz just had about 5 steps on a guy and I put it right over his shoulder for the TD bomb. Then Beanie was wide open on a blitz and I dropped it to him and he had the whole field wide open. It was nice to see the D actually pays this year for blitzing if you stay cool under pressure.

I also like the gamespeed. I feel it needs just a oomph up the scale, but I feel it is near perfect.

The tackling is awesome. When I played the 1 minute demo Barber broke through two guys and then sprinted for the TD. I am also breaking tackles with Beanie and it feels nice when I do. I do get scared though when its my DB one on one with the RB.

― Plato
Old 07-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

As soon as you described Madden 09 as the greatest Madden ever, I had difficulty with your arguments.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
As soon as you described Madden 09 as the greatest Madden ever, I had difficulty with your arguments.
I wish that had been at the top to save people time haha

I personally love the way the passing feels in this game, finally feels right. You actually have to think before you make passes.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #5
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
First off, I love all of the new presentation additions to Madden this year. I love how they went so in depth on what you see on Sunday, is in the game. However, there were some problems I came across while playing.

1. The game is very slow compared to other games, but this isn't a biggy because it says in the demo that you can adjust the game speed in the settings.

2. Throwing. Wow I don't even know where to start. The throwing is completely different in this year's game. No longer can you hold down the receivers button and throw a bullet. I mean you can, but it's definitely not as hard and fast as it used to be. The passing accuracy seems to be off. My WR beat the defender and I was trying to squeeze the ball between the Safety and the CB and for some reason the QB threw the ball right to the safety. I even tried the same play again and the exact same thing happened. Idk why but the passing feels very weird this year.

3. Bringing down runners. This is really gonna hurt. I had 4 guys trying to bring down Marion Barber and he somehow slipped out of it, broke another tackle and scored. However, when I had the ball, I couldnt break out of two guys trying to tackle me. (I'm just glad I'll be playing as the Vikings)

Those are the only main things I didn't like in the demo, but I'm not going to worry too much because it's only a demo. I can remember last year I wasn't too happy with the demo either, but I purchased 09 and I still feel it was the greatest Madden ever released.

Madden 09 was a GOOD game, but that was it. You have to be new to the Madden NFL franchise if you think THAT was the best game EVER released.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #6
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

what i meant was madden 09 was the best "next-gen" version.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Please use the impressions thread for impressions, locked.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »