Home

The Video Threads (Please Read)

This is a discussion on The Video Threads (Please Read) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: The Video Threads (Please Read)

The videos are like Coach Boone in Remember the Titans when he meets Petey for the first time, trying to enjoy a fun game and bam...here comes a video.

"You think football is fun?"
"Yes sir..no...sir"
"No not anymore is it? Is it?"
"No sir. Zero Fun Sir."
Old 07-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #58
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
The only thing I see wrong with this view is if you flip the script. What if no negative posts were ever posted and all the vids shown were "nice" vids. Would yall be complaining ?

Moegames, can love madden all day long but he cant expect everyone to feel as he does. I like the NCAA game and the Madden demo, but that dont mean "well Ill ignore stuff I am seeing wrong and not talk about it."

You will think back on each release day since 06 how the "madden gang"(me a few of those years) on relase day would talk up how great the game is and tout it as best game ever only to find weeks later all the problems in the game.

People are ALOT wiser now and are examining this game more because who wants to keep going threw this cycle ? I play NCAA and like it but I am telling you the more I play it online the more its getting exposed. The madden demo plays ALOT like NCAA 2010 and if there aint some changes in the retail version of Madden it looks to be destined to the same stuff I am seeing online.

Online is were the game is gonna be found out to be gold or garbage. No matter how fun YOU or I think the game is, if you cant play it online like you can offline, thenthe game for people who play it mainly online is not gonna be recieved well.

Its funny, NO ONE has played the retail version. We are all judging the demo. Somehow the negative stuff is canceled out as "its just the demo" yet we dont know how much of that stuff has made it to the retail version. Maddens history would say the odds are for some of it is gonna be in the retail version.

I have not seen anything that I would say is a game breaker, but man I am seeing some crazy stuff and some of it is the same stuff thats been plagueing the game for years so I would think yall can at least understand the frustration of some to yet for another year have to put up with it.

Its the Madden forum if yall are gonna start segragating content then you might as well have a "Madden feel good forum" and a "Madden Fix this game" forum. That way no ones "feelings" are smashed up.
That aint why he made the rule....
Old 07-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
That aint why he made the rule....

Oh, then ahhhh carry on gents.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
The video threads end. Now.

It's not doing anything but cluttering the forums, and every time they are posted it turns into a 20 page battle of "The video is right" and "no, the video is crap".
Respectfully, I must say, the 7-10 line signatures clutter the forums just as much while adding little or no content other than repetition.

I don't understand why people feel the need to use multiple spaces / color / fonts.

I get the "no video" stuff, but I don't get way the hate and ignorance displayed by some bent on acting as if they are better than all else was not addressed first.

Essentially your saying because people couldn't be constructive and respectful in responses, your nixing the cause of the problem not the ones that caused it.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
the rest of the critiques in here that are far worse then Apex that seem to flock together

they are severly outnumbered 10-1 so F' it.

.if they expect perfection and just cant see or even give an inch on the huge turnaround in 1 year.

they really have no common sense and honestly stubborn as a rich spoiled women.

its funny how blind some people are in here.

it really is and its quite sad that as soon as they get their hands on a demo it goes directly under the microscope instead of just enjoying the game for the good aspects of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Wow.Thats some authentic talk right there. Cats are a bunch of wet blanket totin lil oscar the grouches, lol. If these dudes look at life like they look at Madden, existence for them HAS to be miserable. I'll pass on that.

Take ya wet blankets to some other party.(yea its rehashed, so what, lol)
Above posts more than proves my point. A post full of personal attacks that bring nothing constructive to the table. Simply, I am right because I am better than you in this way. Not the first time from either of them. Even though you choose to correct grammar of another poster, Ill save you from doing it with either one of those posts, lol.

This is the root of the problem, people who cant debate only argue. When they have no rational explication, they result to name calling, categorizing and assigning agendas.

Edit - Ill go one step further and say this. You can remove whatever you want from the forums. Until that type of conduct (clearly not acceptable by the TOS) is no longer permitted, regardless of if its in audio / video or text based threads, the issues will persist.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 07-27-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
The videos are like Coach Boone in Remember the Titans when he meets Petey for the first time, trying to enjoy a fun game and bam...here comes a video.

"You think football is fun?"
"Yes sir..no...sir"
"No not anymore is it? Is it?"
"No sir. Zero Fun Sir."
Old 07-28-2009, 01:17 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukes
To use myself as an example -- I wanted to see if there was any discussion around the replays. Replays in the demo were truncated and very low quality. I tried searching threads, I did a search of in the impressions thread... couldn't find anything of value at all.

What was I supposed to search?

Replay?
Truncated Replays?
Low Quality Replays?

The latter two turned up nothing, and simply searching "replay(s)" was about as efficient as trying to catch a goldfish in a fishing net.

Yes, the demo impressions thread was designed to keep things organized, but it does exactly the opposite. It was impossible to have any intellectual or deep discussion on specific topics. As a poster suggested above, there really needed to be a bunch of demo impression threads: gameplay, presentation, animations, glitches, etc. This helps focus the discussion better.

Instead, the demo impression threads are chaos and there is no discussion going on within them, only pointless bantering.

And closing threads out with the reasoning "post in the demo impression threads" was very very weak and IMO, not good for the community. This is why people started creating videos like crazy. Their voice couldn't be heard through text because it got lost in the 1,500 posts on a very vague subject.

I agree that there needs to be control in these forums, but the ball was dropped here. The game isn't out yet, and this could still be corrected. Start a "Demo" sub-forum and start a few stickied threads at the top, and let the community discuss particulars.
I agree with this. A more successful method of keeping the forums organized through the demo would be with several specific threads for each category (gameplay, presentation, etc).

Hopefully, when the game actually drops, the mods will heed this wisdom and make a few sticky sub-forums to contain each important subject. Because when the game hits the Madden forum will be flooded. Better to invest in a few stickies than to have pure chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Wow.Thats some authentic talk right there. Cats are a bunch of wet blanket totin lil oscar the grouches, lol. If these dudes look at life like they look at Madden, existence for them HAS to be miserable. I'll pass on that.

Take ya wet blankets to some other party.(yea its rehashed, so what, lol)
Edit - Ill go one step further and say this. You can remove whatever you want from the forums. Until that type of conduct (clearly not acceptable by the TOS) is no longer permitted, regardless of if its in audio / video or text based threads, the issues will persist.

YES@! I don't know how many times I've seen posters "get away" with violations of the TOS, including name calling. I mean, when I see a poster basically call a bunch of other posters wet blanket whiners, I see a violation of the TOS. But it seems nothing will be done., no red square, no yellow square. But another poster who accused OS of being in EA's pocket without name calling gets a red square on his post. So, I don't know. I guess I can understand being personally angry that a poster called out the mods saying that they're being paid off by EA (which is obviously ridiculous), but it seems like a guy who thinks it's okay to call a bunch of people wet blanket oscar grouches (to me that's like calling people bed wetters. I mean, what else does "wet blanket" mean?), it seems like things are a bit off.

Just saying, if the site is going to have a high standard, name calling shouldn't be allowed.

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.

Last edited by titansftw; 07-28-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:58 AM   #64
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Above posts more than proves my point. A post full of personal attacks that bring nothing constructive to the table. Simply, I am right because I am better than you in this way. Not the first time from either of them. Even though you choose to correct grammar of another poster, Ill save you from doing it with either one of those posts, lol.

This is the root of the problem, people who cant debate only argue. When they have no rational explication, they result to name calling, categorizing and assigning agendas.

I totally agree with you. I can't believe how the forum has de-evolved (right word?) over the past few months. We have people who come on here just to get into verbal battles with people and argue semantics and pick and choose phrases from peoples posts and try to point out flaws in their argument without using any logic whatsoever. Then we have your examples of people just blatantly name calling and trying to push their agenda.

Now, while I don't agree with the banning of videos because I am a big support of free speech and against censorship of any type, I do feel that this forum needed to cool it down with the videos. We have "certain people" that follow guys like you and Apex around and whenever you guys post a new video these "certain people" decide to post about 5 threads of the same video. So that's 5 threads on the same topic and it is literally cluttering the forum that is already filled with useless threads pertaining to information that can be found by searching Google or this very forum. You and Apex are grown adults, if you want your videos to be posted on this site I am sure you two are more than capable. The rule should be that you can't post links to a video unless it is your own video, I think that would really help keep a handle on things and still allow these types of discussions to continue. Some of the video's that have been made go a little overboard in my opinion, but they all have good intentions. Those being, "let's improve Madden." Now that's one goal I can get behind.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »