Home

Quarterback Voices in Madden NFL 10

This is a discussion on Quarterback Voices in Madden NFL 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Rookie

daenius's Arena

OVR: 3
Quarterback Voices in Madden NFL 10

I was just wondering which real Quarterback voices (from actual NFL audio footage) we are going to hear in this year's Madden.

Or is EA hiring voice actors to do each QB?

The thing that makes me say these voices are the real ones is the fact that the NFL uses parabol (dish) microphones to get their audio from the field.
These parabol mics amplify the signal up to 70 times without interfering signals from the rest of the players.
I'm pretty sure they're putting in actual audio footage from games.

Just wanted to know what you guys think - real or "fake" and how many are we going to hear in Madden 10?

One thing that really ticked me off was the fact that Peyton Manning seems to have a "standard" voice now?

At least in the footage that IGN showed. He didn't sound anything like the real Peyton Manning, and this really surprised me, since recordings of his real playcalls and audibles have been in both Madden 08 and Madden 09...

Brady, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Big Ben, even Matt Ryan seem to have their real-life counterpart's voices in there...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Quarterback Voices in Madden NFL 10

i would also like to know who will have a "real" voice in the game. i say pick the top ten qbs and they will have a "real" voice
Old 07-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles931
i would also like to know who will have a "real" voice in the game. i say pick the top ten qbs and they will have a "real" voice
Yea or just all the starters..shouldnt be that hard considering they have every piece of NFL Footage.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I can't say for sure about M10, but I can speculate. I would assume that all the voices that were in there will still be in there. The voices are tied to the player's name too. So if you create a play who's name is Tom Brady at QB, he will use Tom's Voice. Someone told me if you make Mike Vick, that his info was still in 09, I can't confirm that myself though. I would think that just like throwing animations, they would have a lot more signature voices in the game too.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
Rookie

daenius's Arena

well, from the IGN gameplay videos and the demo, we can say that the following QB's will have real voices:

- Tom Brady
- Drew Brees
- Philip Rivers
- Matt Ryan
- Eli Manning
- Ben Roethlisberger
- Jason Campbell
- Tarvaris Jackson

I couldn't tell if Joe Flacco's voice was the same, and as for Kurt Warner and Tony Romo, they have the same voice in the demo.

And as for Peyton Manning, I hope they'll have his voice in the final build, I really do not understand why they would take his real voice out of the game, listen to his "new" voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUHkdLdBrZU

Last edited by daenius; 07-25-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

it's something that happened last year too, eli manning didn't have his voice in for the demo but does in the final build of madden 09. it may just be something to save space, i dunno?

i remember there being the same concerns last year, but most of the QBs do infact have their own voice. oh, and it was me that made mike vick and got all excited at the fact that he had his voice
Old 07-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
Rookie

daenius's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
it's something that happened last year too, eli manning didn't have his voice in for the demo but does in the final build of madden 09. it may just be something to save space, i dunno?

i remember there being the same concerns last year, but most of the QBs do infact have their own voice. oh, and it was me that made mike vick and got all excited at the fact that he had his voice
let's hope for the best

michael vick's voice? seriously?

man, I'd love to try that out right now but I sold 09 a week ago.... damn!
Old 07-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Rex Grossman had his voice in Madden 08 and Madden 09... I know that for sure. Rather than the generic QB voice he'd actually do his "Right 20, Right 20!".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »