Home

Madden 10 referees are ghosts?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 referees are ghosts? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 10 referees are ghosts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
IMO ghost refs are the way to go.
You still see them, they still can hide defensive players behind them (which I hate in the 1 min demo vs the cowboys in the SNOW)

And as said b4, If a ref knocks you down in a game you would be the 1st person talking about it on the forums.....So imo its great the way it is
Who cares if someone talks or whines about something!, that's going happen regardless, if the developers worried about whiners nothing would be implemented into madden.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

i think someone brought this up before but i was a guest so i couldnt respond but he surely got slammed by OS but my feelings are that ref should not be ghosts and players should be affected by them if they are in the way.

ill see if i can find that thread but thats not cool if it in the final build but this is a demo

here's the thread:http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/333891-madden-nfl-10-preview-tgr.html

Last edited by CoHouse2814; 07-25-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
i think someone brought this up before but i was a guest so i couldnt respond but he surely got slammed by OS but my feelings are that ref should not be ghosts and players should be affected by them if they are in the way.

ill see if i can find that thread but thats not cool if it in the final build but this is a demo

here's the thread:http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/333891-madden-nfl-10-preview-tgr.html
1) My feelings exactly, refs should be part of the game. If your pass hits them and they're in the way, tough. Your pass should not go through them as if they're not there.
2) Link isn't working for me
3) I don't know what build that is, but that's not the demo because it has the Colts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Oh oh...
Found another Madden 10 ghost referee example by accident...

This one is in the official snow demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W65GFS3NInk
Old 07-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
1) My feelings exactly, refs should be part of the game. If your pass hits them and they're in the way, tough. Your pass should not go through them as if they're not there.
2) Link isn't working for me
3) I don't know what build that is, but that's not the demo because it has the Colts.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eview-tgr.html

sorry about that
Old 07-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
Oh oh...
Found another Madden 10 ghost referee example by accident...

This one is in the official snow demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W65GFS3NInk
thats look horrible. i hope thats not in the final build, and what make it worse is that i believe EA dev did it on purpose from looking in that other threah. THIS IS A ON PURPOSE GLITCH....lol

hey in that other thread wolfpackjk is the dude who started the ghost ref convo is gone from the thread. funny cause u see people qoute him but he is not there, maybe he got banned. i didnt know they erase u from existence in OS, thats crazy
Old 07-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #15
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

I honestly can't believe people care THIS much about the physical states of the referees. I understand that everyone's going to throw around the "If you see it on Sunday" line just to argue their point, but come on. This is just silly.

If you take a step back and look at it from their perspective...imagine the amounts of complaining that would occur if referees interfered in people's plays. What would you do as a designer? I'd wager a fair amount of us would make the same decision these guys did; and that's make the refs reactive, and not interactive. They move, react, and signal appropriately. No, we cannot run into them. Is this really that big of an issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I honestly can't believe people care THIS much about the physical states of the referees. I understand that everyone's going to throw around the "If you see it on Sunday" line just to argue their point, but come on. This is just silly.

If you take a step back and look at it from their perspective...imagine the amounts of complaining that would occur if referees interfered in people's plays. What would you do as a designer? I'd wager a fair amount of us would make the same decision these guys did; and that's make the refs reactive, and not interactive. They move, react, and signal appropriately. No, we cannot run into them. Is this really that big of an issue?
What has EA done to us(The football community) cause this right here is crazy talk. real talk

its about quality. poor quality control

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »