Home

Will "fight for the fumble" go down as the worst new feature ever in Madden?

This is a discussion on Will "fight for the fumble" go down as the worst new feature ever in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 07:41 AM   #57

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Will "fight for the fumble" go down as the worst new feature ever in Madden?

Glad to hear this can be turned off but won't turn off the cut scene. One of the flaws of this feature is that it forces you to watch the button mashing part while missing what's going on during the above cut scene.

As for worst feature...weapons. I felt like I was playing some 8-year old's arcade game when they had all those corny cartoonish icons on the field.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #58
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Will "fight for the fumble" go down as the worst new feature ever in Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's already been confirmed that you can turn off the button mashing and still get the cut scene.

Don't see how it is going down as the biggest mistake in history.

They put it in, and gave the user any option they can want with it. What more can you ask for??
I agree. How can a feature be bad if you can turn it off?
Old 08-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

No. Madden Rewind had to be the worst feature in terms of functionality. It was worse than vision cone.

On a side note, vision cone was only bad if you played with a bad team or used a qb with no awareness(ala Mick Vick lmao). That feature could also be turned off as well.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #60
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's already been confirmed that you can turn off the button mashing and still get the cut scene.

Don't see how it is going down as the biggest mistake in history.

They put it in, and gave the user any option they can want with it. What more can you ask for??
Exactly.

I actually like the feature, but for those who don't, it can be turned off anyway without any downside. I see no problem here.

Besides, didn't the other game have button mashing that COULDN'T be turned off???

Just sayin'..... lol.

Last edited by DickDalewood; 08-06-2009 at 09:15 AM.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think weapons was the worst feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 15

Weapons get a bad rap. I thought that it made it much easier to recognize where players were on the field. When I play the Ravens, instantly knowing where Ed Reed is pre-snap is a must. It's not like, other than that BS "smart" one, it gave them magic abilities or anything. Weapons will only be remembered as a bad feature because it was a marquee feature in a terrible, terrible game.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #63
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Love the idea, hate the implementation. The implementation seems to go against the simulation they're trying to create.

I actually don't mind the button mashing element. It seems appropriate. I don't like the flashing icons on the screen. And I don't like that it's a cut scene.

Remove the flashing icons, make it in-game, and add some variation & dynamics. Wallah!
If they're concerned about trubo button users, instead of randomly switching buttons, make it a 2-button pattern, back & forth. Can't turbo that.

As for worse feature, that virtual mode seemed pretty useless.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Exactly.

I actually like the feature, but for those who don't, it can be turned off anyway without any downside. I see no problem here.

Besides, didn't the other game have button mashing that COULDN'T be turned off???

Just sayin'..... lol.

but that was "realistic" lol.

i guess some people will hate, just to hate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »