Home

Will "fight for the fumble" go down as the worst new feature ever in Madden?

This is a discussion on Will "fight for the fumble" go down as the worst new feature ever in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #65
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Will "fight for the fumble" go down as the worst new feature ever in Madden?

Eh....I'm not that disappointed, I think it could be fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #66
Rookie

Rimfro's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Will "fight for the fumble" go down as the worst new feature ever in Madden?

Nope, because it's optional.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #67
Rookie

I think fight for the fumble is great when playing against another person. There have been much worse feaures like last years virtual trainer.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #68
Pro

OVR: 11

No it won't be the worst feature because we have the option to turn it off.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 18

I think it is a nice gameplay feature, because as several posters have said it creates that feeling of "fighting for the fumble" and it has a nice immersive effect for me.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Love the idea, hate the implementation. The implementation seems to go against the simulation they're trying to create.

I actually don't mind the button mashing element. It seems appropriate. I don't like the flashing icons on the screen. And I don't like that it's a cut scene.

Remove the flashing icons, make it in-game, and add some variation & dynamics. Wallah!
If they're concerned about trubo button users, instead of randomly switching buttons, make it a 2-button pattern, back & forth. Can't turbo that.

As for worse feature, that virtual mode seemed pretty useless.
Good post BezO. I agree variation in pile ups would have been nice.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #71

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Love the idea, hate the implementation. The implementation seems to go against the simulation they're trying to create.

I actually don't mind the button mashing element. It seems appropriate. I don't like the flashing icons on the screen. And I don't like that it's a cut scene.

Remove the flashing icons, make it in-game, and add some variation & dynamics. Wallah!
If they're concerned about trubo button users, instead of randomly switching buttons, make it a 2-button pattern, back & forth. Can't turbo that.

As for worse feature, that virtual mode seemed pretty useless.
I think you nailed it. It would be so much better if you could focus on watching the cut scene rather than the bar at the bottom. Making it to where you see your guy "winning the battle" would be great. I like the idea of only a 2-button pattern.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #72
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

Create-a-fan was useless, but at the least that was not a gameplay feature. That was just superfluous crap.

I havent encountered fight for the fumble yet, so I have no comment. No ones fumbled in the demo that Ive played (Cards/Steelers) and Ive not played the demo a whole lot. Based on reading impressions of it, it seems to be another silly gimmick that won't be in next year.

I'd have to say vision cone was the worst. I actually loved the idea on paper, but the implementation was horrendous. Weapons was also poorly implemented, but I also liked the idea of setting players apart.

Basically any gameplay feature that is not a staple of the game now, was probably a bad idea or at the very least, a stupid gimmick. Most of these features are nothing but gimmicks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »