Home

*** Official Madden 10 PS2 impressions ***

This is a discussion on *** Official Madden 10 PS2 impressions *** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #57
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: *** Official Madden 10 PS2 impressions ***

PITT @ BUFF is complete. There were only 4 penalties for 40 yards with sliders maxed - ouch.

Brutal game, here are the numbers...

Score

PITT 15
BUF 9

Edwards 15/26 57% 131 yds 0 TD 1 INT avg 5.0 sacks 5 long 27
Roethlisbergr 8/20 40% 71 yds, 0 TD 2 INT, 3.5 avg, sacks 4, long 22

RUSHING:

Lynch 20/56 2.7 avg 0 fumb, long 18
Mcintyre 4/25
Jackson 1/5

Parker 29/167 5.7 avg, 1 fumb, long 53
Mendenhall 5/18 3.5 avg
Roeth 3/9 1 fumble
Moore 2/6
Davis 2/5

RECEIVING:

Evans 7/53
Owens 4/36
Reed 2/15
Hardy 1/27

Miller 3/26
Ward 2/13
Parker 1/4
Sweed 1/22
Holmes 1/6

TOTAL DROPS: 1

DEFENSE:

Stroud 5 tack, 1 sack

Smith 2 tack, 0 sacks, 2 TFL

RUSH TACKLES FOR LOSS: 15 (22.7%)
Old 08-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #58
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Did you have issues with the DL pressure in '09?

Also, ratings are old school. For QB's there is no breakdown for short, medium, long.

There is no cheese on INT's that I can see (unlike PS3 version.) When the WR rotates his head to look for the ball the DB's will do the same. If you throw into thick cover you might be screwed. I'm watching PITT at BUF right now and Roth just made a poor pass, the safety jumped and snatched it. I zoomed in and watched his interaction with the WR - perfect, no cheese.

My very first play on the PS3 version a CB had eyes behind his head because he looked for the ball right after I threw it and well before my WR turned his head. Umm, while running full speed covering 1 on 1 in the open field? That's BS.

I'll try a game with your sliders later. Let me know what teams you want me to use. I'm gonna burn this PS2 to the ground, it's been running a long time LOL.

I also will try manual rating adjustments. I'll set an entire OL with a pass rush rating of 0 to see what happens. If anything it will tell me if it's fixable that way.
I din't have any issues with the DL numbers, the sacks were right, the OL pancakes were right and although never perfect interaction, it was solid...

If you played as the Bills (for instance) against a blitzing / 4-3 team like the Eagles, you had almost NO time in the pocket, with AWR at 12...I also found at that setting there was truly only one open receiver per play...hit him early, throw it away, throw a pick or get sacked...

Trying the sliders I posted might be a nice comparison if nothing else...the Bills have a poor OL and DL, they might be an interesting test team, because of that...

Maybe put them up against the Patriots and see if the two opposite ends of the DL / OL spectrum reveal anything to you?

I started pricing TV's and PS3's b/c I'm finally impressed with what I'm reading about the game this year, but damned if I'm not even more amped to sldier out the issues on last gen and then tackle the sim engine again...
Old 08-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #59
MVP

swaldo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I started pricing TV's and PS3's b/c I'm finally impressed with what I'm reading about the game this year, but damned if I'm not even more amped to sldier out the issues on last gen and then tackle the sim engine again...
Next gen version is decent but I want to throw a shoe at the screen every time I see the dumb OL blocking along with the poor CPU running game, weak pass rush etc. Just be aware of that before you drop big dime, I really hope they patch it good. Also, the first days of any Madden release you'll hear alot of love going around. Wait a week or two and see what the hardcore players have to say.

Last edited by swaldo; 08-11-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #60
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Next gen version is decent but I want to throw a shoe at the screen every time I see the dumb OL blocking along with the poor CPU running game. Just be aware of that before you drop big dime, I really hope they patch it. Also, the first days of any Madden release you'll hear alot of love going around. Wait a week or two and see what the hardcore players have to say.
Well, it was the Bill Abner review mostly, but other than graphics, it, like The Show seems pretty much like a trade off of little issues versus little issues...

I have to admit, that as you mentioned earlier in the thread, I also go waaaay back...

In my case to text based sims and electric football, so a well made PS2 game on an analog TV still impresses me...
Old 08-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #61
MVP

swaldo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Well, it was the Bill Abner review mostly, but other than graphics, it, like The Show seems pretty much like a trade off of little issues versus little issues...

I have to admit, that as you mentioned earlier in the thread, I also go waaaay back...

In my case to text based sims and electric football, so a well made PS2 game on an analog TV still impresses me...
Heh, if you want to be technical I was also into text & board based (I think it was APBA football) and tabletop with the vibrating field. That's what some of the PS3 players look like - vibrating around in a circle not knowing what to do LOL.

Hey if you got the money then get the PS3, why not? But if you're broke and starving and need the cash it can wait another year. The PS2 will still keep you entertained just fine and is addicting, I had to pull myself to go back to the PS3 version. I actually have both running right now on my LCD - testing with the PS2 while playing a game on the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #62
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Heh, if you want to be technical I was also into text & board based (I think it was APBA football) and tabletop with the vibrating field. That's what some of the PS3 players look like - vibrating around in a circle not knowing what to do LOL.

Hey if you got the money then get the PS3, why not? But if you're broke and starving and need the cash it can wait another year. The PS2 will still keep you entertained just fine and is addicting, I had to pull myself to go back to the PS3 version. I actually have both running right now on my LCD - testing with the PS2 while playing a game on the PS3.
It's always great to get feedback from someone who has both systems and isn't biased tword anything beyond gameplay...

It's not the money...I jsut don't replace things until needed, which is why, I suppose, I have the money...

I doubt that the time and energy to replace the whole TV / console thing will override my desire to start plowing away at the PS2 version this weekend...

Maybe the upgrade will have to wait until the winter to get ready for The Show to drop and then I'll be set for Madden 11...
Old 08-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

this game isn't worth playing.
i just realized randy moss has speed of 89, whereas in next gen its 97. Wow
Old 08-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #64
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6

oh man randy moss is a 89 speed. ima panther fan, and they gave moose a 75 speed, which i dont believe is right but o well, get over it. moss is a beast in every other category lol.

ps... can someone sticky this so i dont have to dig through pages of the forum to find it...thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »