Home

15 Minute quarters/15 sec accelerated clock = SIMULATION HEAVEN

This is a discussion on 15 Minute quarters/15 sec accelerated clock = SIMULATION HEAVEN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: 15 Minute quarters/15 sec accelerated clock = SIMULATION HEAVEN

I want to play the 15 min quarters with the accelerated clock but my wife wears the pants in our relationship and she will kill me if I play 80-85 minutes for one game (somethnig about watching the baby, playing with the animals, cleaning the house... you guys know the story...lol).

So my question is this.... using accelerated clock, how long can the qrts be in order to finish one game in an hour? If I use acc clock and 15 min quarters can it be done?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 9

I am testing for my online franchise so it has been user vs. user games. Also important to note than I am playing sim style and my opponents were as well. This is just off the top of my head but here's a quick rundown of my last two games on 15/15.

Titans 41
Ravens 17

Collins
10-14, 178 yards
Johnson
25 carries, 110 yards
White
7 carries 41 yards
Around 400 yards total offense.

Flacco
22-43, 180 yards
McGahee
24 carries, 78 yards

Packers 45
Bears 10

Rodgers
17-24, 302 yards
Grant
24 carries, 85 yards
Jackson
7 carries, 25 yards

Cutler
22-51, 265 yards, 6 INT's
Forte
9 carries, 22 yards

I was the winner in both games and my opponents got down big early so there was a lot more passing than there might normally be on there end. Overall, stats are almost spot on to NFL averages. I couldn't be more impressed as a realist.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/bgdave39

Last edited by bgdave39; 08-12-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #35
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
I want to play the 15 min quarters with the accelerated clock but my wife wears the pants in our relationship and she will kill me if I play 80-85 minutes for one game (somethnig about watching the baby, playing with the animals, cleaning the house... you guys know the story...lol).

So my question is this.... using accelerated clock, how long can the qrts be in order to finish one game in an hour? If I use acc clock and 15 min quarters can it be done?
I'd guess somewhere between 10 and 12 ACC would probably get you down to around an hour.

(or you need to tell her to get back in the kitchen)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #36
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
How are you counting your # of plays? Does this include special teams plays are just rushes+passes+sacks?
Under Passing, add all attempts
Under Rushing, add all attempts
Under Defense, add all sacks
Under kicking, add all FG attempts
Under Punting, add all punts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
The people in these threads that complain about a game taking too long doing this need to analyze things better. The 15 minute quarters is merely cosmetic. Whether you try to acheive realistic stats via 15 minute quarters with acc clock or with 8 minute quarters without it, you are still getting the same number of plays. What this means is, real time is no affected at all since you are still running 120 plays.

Playing with 15 minute quarters + accel clock merely does two things 1.) you get the satisfaction of seeing a full regulation quarter on your box score and 2.) you have less time at the L.O.S. which is more true to real life.
No, there's a very important tactical issue you're leaving out.

In order to get a realistic flow to the game, realistic possession, you have to have accelerated clock because it creates a realistic percentage of time spent in the huddle. With or without accelerated clock, you can run the ball well and pull off a 15 play, 5 minute drive... however, without accelerated clock, that drive takes up almost an entire quarter and absolutely breaks the back of your opponent to an unrealistic degree.

Acclerated clock makes it so you can play a full 15 minutes and have those sorts of drives and a realistic impact on the outcome of the game. Not cosmetic, absolutely critical.

Without accelerated clock, 1 five minute drive = 63% of the 4th quarter.
With accelerated clock, 1 five minute drive = 33% of the 4th quarter.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-12-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
what the differene between 15 sec and 25?
about 10 seconds....but i could be wrong.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #38

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Under Passing, add all attempts
Under Rushing, add all attempts
Under Defense, add all sacks
Under kicking, add all FG attempts
Under Punting, add all punts

No, there's a very important tactical issue you're leaving out.

In order to get a realistic flow to the game, realistic possession, you have to have accelerated clock because it creates a realistic percentage of time spent in the huddle. With or without accelerated clock, you can run the ball well and pull off a 15 play, 5 minute drive... however, without accelerated clock, that drive takes up almost an entire quarter and absolutely breaks the back of your opponent to an unrealistic degree.

Acclerated clock makes it so you can play a full 15 minutes and have those sorts of drives and a realistic impact on the outcome of the game. Not cosmetic, absolutely critical.

Without accelerated clock, 1 five minute drive = 63% of the 4th quarter.
With accelerated clock, 1 five minute drive = 33% of the 4th quarter.
Agreed...Thanks for pointing those out.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #39
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I use 14 min with 25 second acc and I get around 120 plays. My stats are coming out pretty good. I tried 15 min with 25 acc and my own team had like 75 plays. Way too many.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #40

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I use 14 min with 25 second acc and I get around 120 plays. My stats are coming out pretty good. I tried 15 min with 25 acc and my own team had like 75 plays. Way too many.
You can't study one game and come to this conclusion. There will be games where more plays are run than others. You have to test your settings over the course of at least 3-4 games before reaching a conclusion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »