Home
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Madden 12

well couldnt they just fix some key stuff in patches. Nothing big, but fix the Field Goal holding calls and maybe even the Wildcat success. Then just make a roster update on XBL or PSN for like 20 or 30 dollars. I would take that, because that way they could add way more features. I honestly could play this game 2 years.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Madden will never be great again until they lose their exclusive license and allow competition to make NFL games. Both Madden and 2K were great when they competed, it's a shame the fans have no choice but to settle for one NFL football game every year. I am praying the NFL does not extend this ridiculous exclusive license that has KILLED NFL football video games.
i feel you, but Ian seems like a good dude (like i've met him, lol). i get this vibe from him reading his twitter page, watching videos of him playing the game that tells me that he IS in tune with what a video game should feel like and represent. i wonder while playing does he say to himself "damn, we ****ed that up" or "that doesn't happen on sundays". he should want to put out a game that blows away the thought of any other company making a game in the future. i mean seriously, look at how much we spend every year for a game that in the back of our minds we know isn't going to be that good and is going to need a patch for this and a patch for that. but we go into it hoping every year. imagine, just imagine what we would spend for a game that we absolutely LOVE!! no video game is going to be perfect, but when you have technology out there being presented by NaturalMotion, why not jump on that???
Old 08-15-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
Rookie

2k does nothing now too. MLB 2k9 = worst game in the history of sport games. So many glitches. I feel 2kfootball would of been the same
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 05:48 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Two things:

1) Not sure where you read that the next year's game is almost done when the present year game releases, but that is false.

2) They cannot take a year off due to the licensing agreement they have with the NFL.

1) Not sure either, but i didn't make it up!! lol I thought i read it somewhere on this site

2) That blows.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

True 2K football may have become crap too, but if there was open competition in football video games maybe some other company would create some great new NFL game. I think most people would agree that having competition makes you better.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 13

Amen brother. Ive been saying this for years.

But everyone already stated the obvious...wont happen.

And honestly, it doesnt really matter, because Im not sure EA would do much more in 2 years than they would do with one.

I like Madden 2010. I really do. But as most people would probably agree with, the engine is at its limit, and I dont think we will see a new Madden engine until next gen. So, we are either going to have to wait 4-5 years for the next gen systems or AT LEAST 3 more years for the exclusive license to expire before we see anything really new in Madden in terms of gameplay.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

so what dont you like about madden 10?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #16
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
But as most people would probably agree with, the engine is at its limit, and I dont think we will see a new Madden engine until next gen. So, we are either going to have to wait 4-5 years for the next gen systems or AT LEAST 3 more years for the exclusive license to expire before we see anything really new in Madden in terms of gameplay.
My biggest fear concerning the future of Madden, is that they won't scrap the engine when going next gen, due to what has happened in the last few years.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »