Home
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21time37
the problem is that this is the only football game with the liscense, so its so harshly judged. if 2K still put out nfl games then we would be sitting here talking about how much better madden is, instead of bashing it.
How do you know that? I get annoyed with 2K fanboys constantly putting 2K5 up on a pedestal it doesnt belong, but you cant say that Madden would be better. Just look at All Pro Football 2K8. The game had some issues, but if it had the NFL license and they worked on it year to year, it would be a much better game than Madden is now...at least from the gameplay perspective.

If the NFL 2K series was still around, even if it wasnt great, I do think Madden would be futher along than it is now. IMO, we lost 2-3 years of quality football because EA decided to rest on their laurels and release half a$$ed, crappy football games.

Madden 09 is the game we shouldve gotten in 06. Madden 2010 is the game we shouldve had by 07 or at least 08. If not for the exclusive license, it may very well be there. But now, we are playing a Madden that while fun, is a few years behind schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21time37
EA is in a no win situation cause theres no other competition to judge. there will NEVER be a perfect game, i dont care if the pope makes it!!!!
Yeah...EA is in a no win situation. They have the only NFL game, and people are obsessed with the NFL and football videogames, so they end up buying the game even if it really isnt that great.

Its far from a no win situation. All EA cares about is money. If they make a crappy game and still make a good profit, do you think they care?

Now, in terms of how it is judged, its not that it isnt a no win situation as much as it is people getting sick of the same crap every year.

1) Every single year there are bugs/glitches, stupid computer AI and drastic shortcomings in the most key aspects of the game of football. Its okay when the game is first being release on a new console or something because they usually need some time to iron things out, but not 4-5 years! And when the SAME EXACT CRAP is in the game year to year, even though customers plead to EA to fix it, its just laziness and complete BS. I dont understand how thousands of untrained eyes can see the crap thats wrong with Madden, yet guys with college degrees that are paid to make the game run like actual NFL football, cant.

2) Personally, the only games I usually compare Madden to are the previous edition of Madden to see how it has improved, and the ACTUAL NFL game. Before 2010, I was seeing little to no improvement year to year, and it didnt play like the actual NFL game...at all really. Occasionally, I may bring up the 2K series, but the only reason I do that is because I am amazed at how it did some things, like presentation, blocking and locomotion, SO much better than Madden, on a far inferior console, no less.

3) Youre right in the sense that some people are going to b1tch no matter what, but for most of us, we just want a game that plays like that actual game, at least for the most part. Im not looking for the perfect game, but I am looking for a game that doesnt make me want to punch my screen because a key aspect of game play, like blocking, pursuit angles or just basic AI is broken. All games have issues, but every year, EA has some MAJOR oversights on the game. Whether they left something major out, or they missed a major glitch/bug that alot of customers catch within an hour of having the game.

To be honest, its not that I think guys who are making Madden arent smart...I just dont think they REALLY know football. Some of them probably never even watched a game until they were hired to do this. I could be wrong, but it would explain alot. Alot of football fans, even ones that arent hardcore football nuts can pick out alot of things that are wrong with Madden each year, because they are basic, simple, fundamental things that should be a top priority to perfect and have running properly for the most part.

If people are too critical of Madden, the only people to blame are EA/Tiburon. Madden 10 is a HUGE step in the right direction, but letting them off the hook for 3 years of what can only be described as "lazy mediocrity", would be a mistake. It gets old seeing some clowns on here bash EA and Madden to no end no matter what, but on the other end, we cant really let up on EA because I want to see the level of improvement that we saw from 09 to 10 be an annual thing, not a fluke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Re: Madden 12

MADDEN SUPPOSE TO BE THE BEST GAME EVERY YEAR THEY HAVE FROM SEPTEMBER TO JULY THATS 11 MONTHS I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THEY CANT ADD MORE STUFF TO IT THATS WHY THE MADDEN SALES WENT DOWN 18% I CAN WRITE DOWN A MILLION THINGS THAT NEEDS TO BE IN THAT GAME.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try out my free app for madden leagues. .. will def give you the feeling of looking at stats from nfl.com http://xtreme-football.net/

Last edited by pcs2112; 11-23-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #28
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Yes, this need a 1 year bump. closed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »