Home

How messed up is this?

This is a discussion on How messed up is this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 02:02 AM   #41
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How messed up is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
Not real familiar with "Moody" are we?
You just make things right with Sonny, let me worry about Luca.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 02:27 AM   #42
All Star

OVR: 33

What about the other 5 times you do get a sack.....

For every 1 time that happens, you sack Mcnabb 5 times or something.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:03 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

been messing with the sliders a lot, and actually can bring down the qb.. but looking at season stats, de/dt take up prob the first 25 slots before a linebacker gets on the leaderboard for sacks.. i'm in week 9

let's hope for a patch

biggest franchise flaw so far, where late round rookies, rated 80-82 are free agents, and at the top of their position..

possible flaw, transferring the ball gets the computer angle screwed up..

Big thanks to Ian and crew for a truly great football experience
Old 08-16-2009, 03:36 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

If something like this has a chance of popping up 1/6 times... that's an unacceptable amount of times. Really, that's a roll of the dice.

If you're enjoying the game, that's fine, no one here is trying to rain on your parade, so keep enjoying the game. If it's fine the way it is for you, why would you care what we think? It's the sort of play that clearly doesn't detract from the experience for you, but it obviously does for many of us, so who are you to tell us that we should accept it? We're just trying to point out what needs fixing for more of us to enjoy the game as a whole and to improve upon it for next year.

When people protect the game, they don't realize that they're not just protecting the product they enjoy, but in the same process they're sending the message that improvement isn't necessary for next year's game.

If you're a fan of the series, and you pump out the cash every year (especially in this economic climate) you're going to want to see substantial improvement. When people can maybe only buy 1-3 games from now until the holidays, in order to justify purchasing Madden, it has to hold up not only to the sports genre, but every genre. How can I justify choosing Madden over games like Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Ratchet and Clank: a Crack in Time, Halo ODST, Mass Effect 2, Left 4 Dead 2, among other great titles if it's still full of bugs. Having that football craving just isn't enough anymore in this economic environment.

I'm not saying this year's Madden hasn't made substantial improvements over last year, because it really has. That's being honest and fair. But by same token, it realistically still has a lot it can do to truly be a proper representation of the sport. We're not demanding perfection and I'm not the type to complain about the tiniest details, I just want to see them take the next step to creating realistic representation of the sport. I'm not saying the people who protect the game aren't fans either, because they obviously are, but I don't understand why they go out of their way to defend such obvious flaws.

And to get back on the topic at hand, that play is just plain stupid. Whether it's intentional grounding, a fumble or an incomplete, where's the procedural awareness? Who starts throwing the ball with his back turned to the field? This play makes no sense.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:17 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

Personally I am seeing 5 wounded ducks/quick throw for every 1 sack
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 05:05 AM   #46
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
If something like this has a chance of popping up 1/6 times... that's an unacceptable amount of times. Really, that's a roll of the dice.

If you're enjoying the game, that's fine, no one here is trying to rain on your parade, so keep enjoying the game. If it's fine the way it is for you, why would you care what we think? It's the sort of play that clearly doesn't detract from the experience for you, but it obviously does for many of us, so who are you to tell us that we should accept it? We're just trying to point out what needs fixing for more of us to enjoy the game as a whole and to improve upon it for next year.

When people protect the game, they don't realize that they're not just protecting the product they enjoy, but in the same process they're sending the message that improvement isn't necessary for next year's game.

If you're a fan of the series, and you pump out the cash every year (especially in this economic climate) you're going to want to see substantial improvement. When people can maybe only buy 1-3 games from now until the holidays, in order to justify purchasing Madden, it has to hold up not only to the sports genre, but every genre. How can I justify choosing Madden over games like Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Ratchet and Clank: a Crack in Time, Halo ODST, Mass Effect 2, Left 4 Dead 2, among other great titles if it's still full of bugs. Having that football craving just isn't enough anymore in this economic environment.

I'm not saying this year's Madden hasn't made substantial improvements over last year, because it really has. That's being honest and fair. But by same token, it realistically still has a lot it can do to truly be a proper representation of the sport. We're not demanding perfection and I'm not the type to complain about the tiniest details, I just want to see them take the next step to creating realistic representation of the sport. I'm not saying the people who protect the game aren't fans either, because they obviously are, but I don't understand why they go out of their way to defend such obvious flaws.

And to get back on the topic at hand, that play is just plain stupid. Whether it's intentional grounding, a fumble or an incomplete, where's the procedural awareness? Who starts throwing the ball with his back turned to the field? This play makes no sense.
When you infer like that, you're obvious saying, I hear what I want to hear....
Old 08-16-2009, 05:09 AM   #47
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

that happens to me about ever other game and in real time it appears to be a fumble. Its one of the things that is messed up for sure.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmcfreak
That's because everyone is pissed they were sold a game with more bugs on top of bugs they didn't fix last year.
thats what madden has been for years !! sadly to i must say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »