Home

Did it live up to the hype?

This is a discussion on Did it live up to the hype? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Did it live up to the hype?

No it did not. It's better then last years game but that in it's self doesn't make "live up to the hype".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #42
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven123
NFL 2k5 is still better.. its a shame really. I got the game an entire week early. To be honest with you, it's still a bareboned game full of bugs. The so called presentation is just the same 8 or so cutscenes played over and over in one game. And the half time show is the bare minimum

to you, 2k5 is better, but if i wanted to be able to run around like a jackass all over the field with Jake Delhomme (saw a vid on youtube of a guy doing this as he was trying to defend 2k5) and still not get tackled, maybe i'll play 2k5, until then, i'll play a litlle more realistic football.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #43
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

For me it has. It showed that EA finally put in alot of effort this year and did just throw anything out like in past..Ive played more games this year then ive played 09 and 08 combind and its never been a dull moment. Ive learned to just take a game as it is and not cry and nick pick every little thing thats wrong. Games are meant for enjoyment and people these days are just stressin to much.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #44
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
No, the game seems like Madden 9.5 to me. It just looks like and plays a sprinkled on Madden 09.
-There's still problems with defensive AI
-3-4 defense is ineffective
-Sacks against the cpu are too hard like 09
-2 man tackling still doesn't happen enough even with pro tak
-The character models look too much like 09, the players are way too skinny, I wish they would change the builds so players look more muscular like the 2k games ( No I'm not a 2k fanboy )
1. 2k5's player models look horrible
2. it's like, people expect to sack the QB everytime he drops back, i havent had any problems getting a few sacks or so a game, do you seriously think it's realistic to get 10 sacks a game or what? it's amazing how "high maintenance" Madden gamers are. i am thoroughly enjoying both NCAA and Madden 10, it feels like football, i'm not into scoring 50 points a game, i like to get my stats, but at the same time, i like a football game to feel like a football game and to me, both do this.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #45
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

When does a video game 100% live up to it's hype? Anyways, I expected the game to be the first football game this gen that I'll play all year and it's living up to that. Just about all of my games have been intense and the presentation really adds on to the intensity especially when a game ends in the chain gang measuring or the refs determining a TD. The presentation can use some work in some areas and so does the gameplay but where has there been a football game that has gotten everything 100% right? Never. I really like the presentation... way better than anything that madden has had in it's 21 years (i.e. Tony Bruno show) and while 2k5 does somethings better than Madden in terms of this, Madden does some things better than 2k5 also (2k5 did have problems in it's presentation too but it was so ahead of it's time that it didn't matter). Overall, I haven't been this addicted to Madden since Madden 05 and if they make the same number of improvements to 11 as they did to 10, I'm pretty sure that 11 will be absolutely amazing.

So yeah, it doesn't live up to the hype (as does every video game mostly) but it has met my expectations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #46
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

Really countryboy?? I do respect your opinions and thoughts but to say if you enjoy the PS2 version you will enjoy this version sounds off to me.

The reason why I cant enjoy this version is because last gen versions of Madden felt so much better, so I cant see how liking the PS2 version would carry over to this version, but again your entitled to your opinion.
Yes really. I mentioned on the boards, but don't recall which thread but there was a night a few friends were over and we played Madden '05 & Madden '09(PS2) and then played Madden '10 and they feel and play extremely similar. There are one or two things the last gen versions do better(pbp commentary and invididual receiver coverage) but thats about it. Maybe the penalties on legacy gen are more varied, but it wouldn't be by a huge margin as this series has always struggled to have a balance of penalties.

So in my opinion, if you were a fan of the legacy gen gameplay then you are going to enjoy Madden 10 on next gen.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #47
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

^The game to me feels a lot like the early last gen maddens (Madden 2001/2002).
Old 08-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish98
1. 2k5's player models look horrible
2. it's like, people expect to sack the QB everytime he drops back, i havent had any problems getting a few sacks or so a game, do you seriously think it's realistic to get 10 sacks a game or what? it's amazing how "high maintenance" Madden gamers are. i am thoroughly enjoying both NCAA and Madden 10, it feels like football, i'm not into scoring 50 points a game, i like to get my stats, but at the same time, i like a football game to feel like a football game and to me, both do this.
I don't know what this is about having problems getting to the QB...it is literally too easy for me.

I've been able to completely dominate any LT thrown in Mario William's way, he had 5 sacks in one game and gets constant pressure.

As for the Original question. Yes it does. Unless your expectations were too high, I think those are unrealistic expectations when 09 was so broken. They made a HUGE leap from 09 to 10 and that is all you can really ask for.

With some sliders this game has been great, best Madden since 2005 for me. Every singe game has been different, whether it's PEyton converting on 3rd downs time after time again, or if it's Gore smashing through my interior defense...or worse yet...Bolding and Fitz tore me up also...or if it's a super close game against the Pats.

Nearly all of my games have been different, that is one part i'm loving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »