Home

The best Madden 10 review (v 2.0)

This is a discussion on The best Madden 10 review (v 2.0) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #73
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The best Madden 10 review (v 2.0)

i'm iffy about the very fast, too. but we'll see when i try it out. he also said it might work on fast, so i'll that if very fast is too slow.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 7

You cant make Madden to the real speed of football that would be way to fast most players would be sacked or throw picks on every drop back because they could not comprehend what is happening fast enough.

and speed isnt everything in the NFL (just ask reggie bush). so to base a whole slider set off of speed doesnt make much sense
NHL- Blackhawks
Soccer- Eh
Old 08-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolutionKMH
his sliders look a little extreme to me. if it takes all for the game to look simulation then ill pass. i change sliders in nba 2k9 but they arent that extreme as what im seeing in his blog. but if it produce, good luck with it

the matrix needs a new program(engine) but will it be installed is another question in itself.
Give the matrix stuff a rest man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrap
You cant make Madden to the real speed of football that would be way to fast most players would be sacked or throw picks on every drop back because they could not comprehend what is happening fast enough.

and speed isnt everything in the NFL (just ask reggie bush). so to base a whole slider set off of speed doesnt make much sense
I agree.

The problem with his experiment is that he's calculating speed/distance with accurate speed but inaccurate distance. What I mean by that is that he's taking it too literal -- 4.whatever in a 40 yards yeah...but in the game it's not actual yards, instead the yards are measured in pixels. Therefore trying to match the speed/distance is going to make the game move much faster than most can handle and it will not be enjoyable.

Now if they made TV's that were 100 yards in height than it would be a different story
Old 08-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #77
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

and what a tv that would be!

will be trying these in about 30 minutes...

early user reports in the slider forum...1 person says "worst sliders ever"
2 people say "okay but hard to get used to"

Last edited by mrprice33; 08-17-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 15

I just played with these sliders in a game and a bunch in practice mode. I am VERY pleased with these and I think it makes the game challenging but fun at the same time.

However, I am using "normal" gamespeed.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #79
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I just played with these sliders in a game and a bunch in practice mode. I am VERY pleased with these and I think it makes the game challenging but fun at the same time.

However, I am using "normal" gamespeed.
Cool I was waiting to see what people though of these sliders and I too will try them on normal speed.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 21

Just played with these. Two things, first off on a marginal scale it did improve the game. However, far from making it the "most realistic sim ever". It concealed the issues with the game rather than fix them. Offensive Line / Defensive Line interaction was still broke. Coverage was still based on the secondary mimicking the offense.

Using this setting gave you a true to life idea of how fast a QB must make a decision, but again what does that do to fix the games problems and provide a simulation. Little or nothing. The sliders didn't do anything great for the running game either. In fact I didn't feel much of a change in the reaction out of the players I controlled, but the defense seemed to be able to run at a hyper level of speed and awareness. Pitches and sweeps got smashed and ISO runs either broke down in the line, or got snuffed out early.

No more apparent with this setting was the fact that speed is a universal attribute. 88 speed on a defensive end is just as fast as 88 speed on a half back. Seems like this is common knowledge and prolly why EA chose to "scale back" ratings this season.

I will say that playing too much like this will make the game on regular settings almost unplayable due to the speed change.

The game needs to be fixed and issues many of which flood this forum need to be fixed. Many of those issues go well beyond what sliders can do, rather is a lack of fundamental football. I certainly hope the patches and fixes are made and we aren't fed a "Any extra time we spend on M10 is time we lose on M11" rhetoric.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 08-17-2009 at 09:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »