Home

The best Madden 10 review (v 2.0)

This is a discussion on The best Madden 10 review (v 2.0) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The best Madden 10 review (v 2.0)

I'll give it a shot. I think things will work pretty much the same at any speed as long as you keep the threshold the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Bill's slider post is up - Grab a sandwich and start reading. Don't skip straight to the settings, his reasoning and method is INCREDIBLE.
Incredible? To time the players on the field until a realistic speed is reached? Im sorry but thats far from an incredible method.

The problem is your basing one attribute of 20 so and saying that getting straight line speed correct in the game makes it a sim.

Essentially your saying key things like agility, vision and awareness seem to "fall into place" when speed is correct. Im just not buying that, nor I am I buying this line "in another example of the brilliance of this engine ". In fact Im down right blown away by that.

Basing the games realism solely on speed takes for granted that every player has a correct speed rating. Your also taking for granted that the speed rating is a whole number, meaning now most players will act the same because speed does not seem to be a position unique. We have already been told that a "projected" 40 time for TJ was used and one guy is responsible for every rating. We have already been told that they "scour the internet" for this information.

We were also told that WR speed is loosely based on "long TD's", something that is highly untrue. Long TDs stem from alot more than WR speed, things like broken coverage, ability to make the first man miss, QB arm strength and game planning.

After reading this, I must say I am highly disappointed. I expected alot more from Bill (after 3 days of suspense) than taking one attribute, hand timing it in the game based on one player and standing back and saying the game is a not just a sim, but the best game ever.

In closing, Matt Giordano would have alot to say about Devin Hester being the fastest player in the NFL. He would have some video proof to back it up, but sometimes video proof doesnt hold water around here with some people.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 08-17-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #67
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Just a thought, but I think the A+++ stuff was for emphasis, not some official scoring system.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Excellent post moody. I'm glad you recognize bills cred.
I recognize your Man love for him.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 7

his sliders look a little extreme to me. if it takes all for the game to look simulation then ill pass. i change sliders in nba 2k9 but they arent that extreme as what im seeing in his blog. but if it produce, good luck with it

the matrix needs a new program(engine) but will it be installed is another question in itself.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 18

This isn't a review, it is just impressions.

He does not talk about the passing game at all, only the time in the pocket.

Not a single mention of anything having to do with DB coverage, man or zone coverage.

Last edited by bang911; 08-17-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #71
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

have you tried his full sliders yet, moody?

edit: heelfan, the guy should bring respect. he's been in the game for a looooong time.

Last edited by mrprice33; 08-17-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
have you tried his full sliders yet, moody?
Funny you say that, I printed all that out and I am gonna go try them out. I wont make a video about it until I get the game prolly never will out of respect to Bill.

Let me be unequivocal, I think very highly of Bill Harris. I think he takes games just about as serious as anybody. I think the bonding experience he creates with his son is something we all should hope to achieve one day. Read the guys blog and you will see what I mean.

Again, his blog...which kept me on the edge of my seat for 3 days, was a total let down. I understand and value his thought and concept as well as the thought process that he put into it. However, you cant simply single out one attribute to correct and tell me it fixes the game as a whole. Representing simulation football is about alot more than replicating speed.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 08-17-2009 at 07:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »