Home

Pat White's throw accuracy should not be higher than any starting QB's

This is a discussion on Pat White's throw accuracy should not be higher than any starting QB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #41
Rookie

jwoodson15's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Pat White's throw accuracy should not be higher than any starting QB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That's not exactly a fair comparison though. You are comparing what you've seen of Pat White in college vs. what you've seen from JaMarcus Russell in the NFL. In college, Russell was a great QB. He completed almost 68% of his passes his final year for 28 TDs and only 8 INTs.
You know who was a great college QB? Ryan Leaf and look at what happened to him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #42
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Watched Pat White this weekend and the kid can play and throw. Would not be surprised if Henne is traded this year and not because White can run the Wildcat but because he looks like he can play QB
Henne is the QB of the future right now. There is no chance in hell he is getting traded this year. Henne would have won the QB job last year if they didn't pick up Pennington. Pat needs a lot more time to develop.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #43
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodson15
You know who was a great college QB? Ryan Leaf and look at what happened to him.
Very true. College success doesn't always translate to the NFL. Many examples of this.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #44
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Henne is the QB of the future right now. There is no chance in hell he is getting traded this year. Henne would have won the QB job last year if they didn't pick up Pennington. Pat needs a lot more time to develop.

well of course,that is the main theory. As I said I'm looking at it from a "wouldn't be surprised" if the coaches go that way POV.

I love Henne, hell he's from my home town and a lcoal HS and I was pissed we signed Pennington but now that CP has stepped up, I could lose CH if PW proves to be as solid as I *think* (intuitive speculation) he is.

Henne is a valuable trade commodity to help fill more needs but otoh, you can never have too many QBs
Old 08-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodson15
Better question is why would the Raiders pay the bum $60 million or whatever he makes. He cant hit the broad side of a barn from point blank range. His accuracy is low cuz HE SUCKS! It would be a very safe bet to assume Russell never completes 60% of his passes in a season. Whenever I feel bad about the Broncos QB situation I think hey atleast we dont have jamarcus Russell.
Yeah cause Orton is so much better at QB. His 3 INT performance against the 49ers really made me think better of him...

Oakland Raiders - 2009 (0-0) Franchise (0-0)

Looking for a solid PS3 Madden league, click Below!!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ll-league.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 13

my biggest issue with pat white's accuracy being so solid is that he becomes a cheesy player passing out of the wildcat. he shouldn't be rated higher than any of the starters.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

they need to rank rookies lower and raise them if they play well when they release roster updates. They also should find a way to have accuracy rating (0-100) relate to pass completion percentage and set it at or very close to that (ex. 66% would be a 66 or 70 max). favre when hes added better not be too high cuz he makes alot of bad decisions and has some of the most inaccurate numbers on paper. He's thrown a ton of passes and ive seen him try too hard and throw more (high school) passes than any other qb in the league. Even last year his qb rating and pass comp acc was alot worse in the last 5 games of the year cuz we was trying so hard to come back and win games to make the playoffs.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 20

Mike Vick's accuracy should be lower than pat white

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »