Home

pancake block stats still an issue

This is a discussion on pancake block stats still an issue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: pancake block stats still an issue

I agree that this is a problem that should have been fixed. This has been an issue for as long as I remember (my memory goes back about 3-4 years) so its not like its a new issue.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 8

there is a funny bug with pancaking someone with a user controlled player. if you push up on the right stick and hold it the game goes into this weird looping mode where you hit the guy then he pops back up and you keep doing it like someone is rewinding the game. I noticed this in superstar as I am a WR and am pretty decent at run blocking.

Just this last game I had 17 pancakes because of this. If you do not hold the stick after the hit then it doesn't do this loop and this is what I try to do but last game I wanted to see how many loops I could have happen. On one play I had it register 6 pancakes.

I led the league in my first superstar season with 65 pancakes yet not a single change in run blocking so either the madden team felt WRs shouldnt have increased run blocking or pancakes simply dont mean much.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have noticed that my players get pancakes in the game sI play it just isn,t getting recorded. In my last game both my LT & LG pancaked their man but when I looked at the stats a few plays later neither of them had a pancake. Hopefully if the issue is just that they aren,t getting recorded right by the stat system this could be easily patched.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:28 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

They should really just get rid of the pancake category altogether. It's not realistic since it's pretty rare in real life to get a pancake block, and they're not recorded in real life anyway. They should find another more realistic way to keep track of blocking statistics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »