Home

pancake block stats still an issue

This is a discussion on pancake block stats still an issue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: pancake block stats still an issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
LOL,Look if you want to deep throat EA sports roger that.But as far as this being a problem that should have been fixed,Madden 10 has been out a week...But this SAME EXACT PROBLEM HAS APPEARED since the first PS3 version...and it wasn't always like this because on the PS2 I actually had the opposite problem my whole o-line would almost always make the pro bowl because they had a ****load of pancake blocks.so its comething EA could fix I dont know how major but this isnt somthing that has just been brought up with this version or even this year.
As I tell most people who want to rage on "EA."

http://twitter.com/ian_cummings

This is Ian Cummings. He's the Lead Designer for Madden 2010. He's new this year, as are several other individuals on the dev team. I recommend asking Ian what he thinks, and maybe he can answer the question or direct you to someone better.

I hope you were able to identify several points I just made. I grow tired of seeing this "EA has had 5 years" stuff. First, I recommend not dehumanizing the individuals who create the game. Secondly, I hope you understand the changes that went on with the dev team. With those two points, maybe you can approach Ian with a cool head and get an appropriate answer.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #10
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Look man,some people get crazy on here with the EA bashing..I believe EA came along way with Madden 10 this year it definitely is a big leap from last year.However when a guy comes on here to voice an opinion and is semi pissed off because something that has been broken for the last 3 years and still isn't fixed,Getting on here and saying relax buddy its only been 1 week since the games been released,isn't the right answer the guys at EA are big boys and I'm sure they get paid good money they don't need anyone here defending them...
Old 08-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #11
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I stand by what I said. If you want to rage over a video game, that's your call.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #12
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

There is pretty much no way around it. DrewBledsoe,myself and a few other guess have tried to combat this issue via sliders and have found no way to improve pancake blocks. If this issue isn't resolved in the future via patch, then I'm trading this bad boy in towards NBA 2K10, cause even though I like the game, the Franchise mode would be shot.......lata
Old 08-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #13
Rookie

LSUF4N's Arena

OVR: 3

For o-line progression there need to be a system of successful blocks... If a guy goes 1000 plays without a pancake but 1000 plays are successful blocks then he should have a very high progression (depending on age and progression rating)
Old 08-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
There is pretty much no way around it. DrewBledsoe,myself and a few other guess have tried to combat this issue via sliders and have found no way to improve pancake blocks. If this issue isn't resolved in the future via patch, then I'm trading this bad boy in towards NBA 2K10, cause even though I like the game, the Franchise mode would be shot.......lata
I ended up trading in madden last year because of this same issue along with never getting a sacks out of my 3-4 def and other problems

I do however feel that ea has made good strides with this years game and it feels like it has taken a big step in the right direction.

It is important for us to keep bloging about it though or the problems we are having now will never be adressed.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUF4N
For o-line progression there need to be a system of successful blocks... If a guy goes 1000 plays without a pancake but 1000 plays are successful blocks then he should have a very high progression (depending on age and progression rating)
Agree good blocking is not about pancakes Smaller linemen might not pancake too many defenders but that doesnt make him a bad linemen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 15

Can you people atleast wait until they come out with Patch #1 and #2 before bugging out on the game? The game just released and the first patch hasn't even been released yet.

If by patch #2 if the stats issue isn't fixed then by all means...hasta lasagna don't get any on ya. I'll be sticking with the game cause I enjoy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »