Home

Madden 10 Blocking - Worst in next gen history?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Blocking - Worst in next gen history? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 10 Blocking - Worst in next gen history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
make a better game yourself and stop complaining. All you people do is complain about every little thing. There will NEVER be a perfect football game, but this is as close as you're going to see.
Blocking is a bigger part of football than you may realize... Extremely basic blocking not being properly implemented is not a tiny "little thing". It's a basic and absolutely vital element of the sport and without it, it's not football, period. It's not searching for perfection, it's searching for the basics.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #58
R**k**

danqb11's Arena

OVR: 7

Basically Pro-Tak equals a big fat..............

Old 08-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 6

while the blocking might be suspect when it does work you usually either score a touchdown or gain 20+ yards so in a sense the bad blocking helps make the game more realistic instead of every run being a game changer. i'm not saying the blocking is acceptable, but i guess it helps regulate the game.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPerk
Thi forums is full of Maddenites who think that "D4y 1S teH PwNz0R5!!!11"

The average ypc in the NFL is 3.5 yards.
Your just mad that the realism is keeping you from running 78 yard TD's whenever you please.
I lead my franchise in rushing.
Why?
Do what real RBs do..
Don't mash your turbo button as soon as you get the ball.
Be patient.
Get better at the game, instead of just thinking that selecting your favorite back that you'll automatically "pwn"
Grow up.
It's finally realistic.
I enjoyed the "grow up" part...Does it not strike you at all odd that there are more than a few "bad blocking" comments, coming from more than a handful of people? I haven't read anything here that says "I can't break the big runs off", or "My RYPG is sub par"...They are saying, and in some cases showing with video, that there are some very, VERY questionable things going on in the trenches.

Like I said earlier, I had Alan Faneca run upfield bypassing the D line, and going to the second level, on passing plays. I shouldn't see a rookie OL do that, let alone one of the best players at his position...No reason on a quick slant that Faneca would beat my recievers upfield...Or that on an I formation, double buttonhook play that he should just run into the secondary without a thought as to what the D line, and LBers are up to.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline
while the blocking might be suspect when it does work you usually either score a touchdown or gain 20+ yards so in a sense the bad blocking helps make the game more realistic instead of every run being a game changer. i'm not saying the blocking is acceptable, but i guess it helps regulate the game.
Not sure if it was this post of the Favre press conference, but I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Your saying that the broken blocking actually helps regulate the game from a stat / realism perspective?

When the blocking works your assured of a successful play so you really need the broken ones to achieve parody in the run game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Not sure if it was this post of the Favre press conference, but I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Your saying that the broken blocking actually helps regulate the game from a stat / realism perspective?

When the blocking works your assured of a successful play so you really need the broken ones to achieve parody in the run game?
yea thats awful. broken blocking shouldnt regulate the game. thats a horrible way of thinking lol
Old 08-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Bite your tongue.

MADDEN 10 IS TEH MOST PERFECTEST GAME EVARS!!!!!

Seriously, be careful. Youre about to get trashed by people who dont like to hear the truth.
or get banned
Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline
Pay attention to the NFL the next game you watch and see why runs are stopped in the backfield or stopped for no gain. The times that I can remember are because the line was cluttered with no hole to get through, 1 or more defensive lineman overpowered or is more talented than the lineman blocking him or RB error(bad vision, bad speed, bad acceleration).

So if Madden developers are trying to create realistic stats with poor bonehead unrealistic offensive linemen logic, then that is the core problem. Instead of programming the OL/DL interaction as I stated above they band-aid with the stuff that is in the game now. And these tourney players could care less because sooner or later something miraculous will happen to make up for all the blown plays and still give a RB over 100 yards rushing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »