Home

Again... An All Madden topic

This is a discussion on Again... An All Madden topic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Again... An All Madden topic

Don't tell me I am not great, thats just ridiculous to say. It doesn't matter if you are great or not. When Chris Cooley drops 4 passes in one game alone, thats the games fault, not the players. When I played every single play in the Nickel playbook against a 3WR set and Eli still goes for 21-24, its not my fault.

The game should not force me to play FS all game just to stop a pass. When I call a Cover 2 to stop throws to the flats and through the middle, I expect the game to at least try to stop it. But on All Madden they don't cover the flats and they don't attempt to cover really at all. I watched a play where my LB was barely taking 3 steps a second while Brandon Jacobs was sprinting to the flats. How am I supposed to be able to play the game seriously when that happens?

I just tried my first game of the season again about 3 times, but still have not completed it because I am not going to lose because of some bull crap. I can take losing realistically. But when I lose to stupid stuff I am not going to accept it. You can say what you want, but thats my take. If I lost because my CB slipped and they through a TD with 20 seconds left, I am fine with it. But when I lose because my LB doesn't move when he is in zone, but just stands there and watches the WR run right up the middle for a 1st down and more, then I will get furios. It happens once, cool. But when I have seen it happen 3 times in one drive, then we have a problem, a big big problem.

One other thing I noticed on All Madden is I would watch every replay when I played press coverage. Over the span of an entire game(15 minute quarters 25 runoff) my CB never once press and stayed inside, he always was on the outside shoulder of the WR after the bump. But I watched a couple replays of the CPU when I knew it was press. Guess what.... about 7-10 times their CB was inside after the first 5 yards.

One thing I do like is the running game on All Madden. I have seen some problems and they are mainly on the Power O, but other than that I am loving it. On All Pro I average almost 10+ yards per carry. On All Madden I am getting 3.5 to 5 yards per carry after the game. Brandon Jacobs just had 3.8 on me going into the 4th. Thats what I like about All Madden. The run game now ahs realistic stats. Now if EA fixed the pass rush and passing game on All Madden, then this would be the be Madden yet. But since I am stuck here wanting to break my disk in half because I watched my CB bump a guy and then run 3 steps foward and then turn around and try to catch up to a WR who is 10 yards downfeild running a post. Well, that makes it average again.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »