Home

Again... An All Madden topic

This is a discussion on Again... An All Madden topic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Again... An All Madden topic

I am still trying to play a franchise on All madden and with the new rosters, I have started over. I still find All Pro too easy and All Madden too ridiculously hard. Now before I start, don't answer with anything about sliders, or play on All Pro. First, I can't play an online franchise on All Madden, second I just finished my first season in my online franchise with some buddies and went 18-1 with the Redskins. My only loss was in week 7 to the other user who was the Eagles. I benched Portis the last two games of the season to avoid injury, but his stat totals were still 1900 yards on 260 carries and 30 TD's. Passing wise I started all 3 QB's and finished with about 3,000 yards 25 TD's, and 15 INT's. That was all on All Pro. So you can see All Pro is way too easy for me.

But on All Madden I am finding myself going 4-11 with 5 drops. I am also seeing 2-3 sacks a game, but when it isn't a sack, its a complete pass. The only incompletions I saw Eli Manning throw were when I played press coverage and he threw the ball into a WR's back who was trying to get around the bump. He went 20-24 with 0 WR drops.

I was playing every coverage in the playbook, but Eli still got 7 seconds on average in the pocket and would find someone open because my guys would not move after a small amount of time, which would lead to the WR cutting up field and being wide open for a pass. The only way I found a way to help avoid, not totally avoid, but to help, was from playing man. But then that lead to just Eli hitting short slants and curls almost every single play. So basically I would play zone and have everything stopped, but the lack of pressure would allow a WR to make a 2nd attempt at getting open and they always would find open space and wave their hand. Then I would play man and it stopped that from happening most of the time, but opened the flats and other short 5-10 yard routes wide open. I would then press and that helped those, but Eli still found the slants when I would do that. So i tried press slants and it stopped everything, but then the WR 2nd attempt showed up again.

So I need help with covering bad. I would also like to point out I play MLB and Safety and never blitzed the entire game because I was afraid it would create more problems with coverage and would bust the game wide open.

Will continue later

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Again... An All Madden topic

Try My Skill

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

I've had similar experiences in NCAA 09 on Heisman. I've actually played a game against a Sophomore Jimmy Clausen, ND, who would went like 33-34. Ridiculous how easily the CPU completes passes on harder difficulties and how your players drop passes like they want to play for Seattle. The best way that I have found when this crap is happening is do a lot of blitzing and focus all your efforts on blitzing. I know I'm not much help, more agreeing and understanding what you're saying.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

yep all madden is crazy this year, i put it on there the first day i got the game and i was like this is gay, U cant hardly run the ball, and pass d was a joke b/c the your d line stands there and plays pattie cake with the o line. I was getting so frustrated that i had to bow out and use the sliders. Without them u will not get any pressure even when u blitz, i have seen 300lb dt's get stopped by a 175lb rb. Its that bad. But the sad thing is when u change the pass rush sliders the cpu cant complete a pass, especially when u bump and run. Its like you pick your poison have no pressure, and let the cpu throw for 400+ yds a game, or change the sliders the cpu will completely suck. It almost makes the game unplayable
Old 08-19-2009, 11:14 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Yeah all madden is rediculous this year. I can't get stops. Really makes me want to cry. So I switched to my skill. For now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

im liking the game much more w/ custom sliders..a few of my ratings fall between All-pro and all-madden and others( user rushing and cpu rushing)are above all madden

when i was playing on all-madden, i was winning most every game but it didnt play like a football game

i know you didnt want to hear about custom sliders but they do make a huge difference...i can finally get a few sacks for a change
Old 08-19-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

You guys must not be too too great at the game if you can't win a decent amount on all madden..I do just fine personally, but it can be frustrating so I just used my own sliders so they don't get an int because it is tipped literally 5 times before intercepting it...just keep trying on all madden and you will eventually be able to tip toe through it. Last year I could barely play on all pro, by the end of the year though I was destroying the competition on all madden, unranked online or franchise...
Old 08-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #8
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnArtofWar
You guys must not be too too great at the game if you can't win a decent amount on all madden..I do just fine personally, but it can be frustrating so I just used my own sliders so they don't get an int because it is tipped literally 5 times before intercepting it...just keep trying on all madden and you will eventually be able to tip toe through it. Last year I could barely play on all pro, by the end of the year though I was destroying the competition on all madden, unranked online or franchise...
That's the problem, a lot of us aren't the greatest at this game. Even with sliders and everything else, I'm finding the game frustrating as hell in regards to getting it to play like I want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »