Home

In-Air tackles are just disgusting

This is a discussion on In-Air tackles are just disgusting within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #9
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: In-Air tackles are just disgusting

Agree. I read the devs reasoning for this a while back, but it just doesn't cut it. Last gen went pretty well without these animations.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Agree. I read the devs reasoning for this a while back, but it just doesn't cut it. Last gen went pretty well without these animations.
Say what what exactly was their reasoning behind the in-air hug?
Old 08-19-2009, 11:13 PM   #11
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

I disagree... Most the in air tackles look decently realistic to me, eh well maybe over 10 years of watching football and over 20 years of having eyesight doesnt qualify me ... Really just the lack of variety in the animations is what I noticed... I guarantee theres under 10 animations for that situation and probably only 5 that actually get animated..
WIZ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBB15
I disagree... Most the in air tackles look decently realistic to me, eh well maybe over 10 years of watching football and over 20 years of having eyesight doesnt qualify me ... Really just the lack of variety in the animations is what I noticed... I guarantee theres under 10 animations for that situation and probably only 5 that actually get animated..
I agree there's a shortage of Animations for the Jump-offs therefore the "Jet-Pack-Latch-on" gets used often.

Believe me, you haven't seen the actual Tackle if you think it's realistic. The player suddenly thrust upwards while on his way down.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #13
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Or how about the lame animation where the receiver flips head over heels from a defender? Happens at least 3-4 times a game. Most of the time the momentum that causes it shouldn't have, because it wasn't there. it just animates it to animate it.

Last edited by SeaNNyT; 08-19-2009 at 11:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »