Home

Madden Moment: Could This Be The One

This is a discussion on Madden Moment: Could This Be The One within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 02:31 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Madden Moment: Could This Be The One

Right with you guys...tried it countless times with only getting the initial touchdown twice. Missed the two point both times.

Then I just started throwing bombs to Calvin Johnson. Four straight bombs. If I missed all four, I'd restart (this was usually the case). I figured sustained drives with the Lions were impossible, so I was going for a one or two play drive. I ended up getting lucky, then I got the two pointer.

Since I scored so quickly, I had to kick it back to them. Luckily they ended up throwing me an INT down inside their own 30. I grinded out the clock and kicked for the W without going to OT.

VERY VERY frustrating. The "Manning Does It Again" one was similar for me, but I ended up getting a fumble return for TD in that one. Keep sticking with it and eventually you'll catch a break and complete the thing. Sadly, it probably took me at least 75 times.

There's no sure fire way to do it... but my best advice is to win or go home right off the bat. By trying to score in a couple plays, you get to see whether or not it's going to happen immediately. That way you aren't stuck grinding away for 10 minutes and getting nowhere. Four bombs take you 30 seconds, and then you can restart.

Other than that, just pray I guess.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:06 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

scored on a fade to calvin messed up da 2 point but got lucky nd forced a fumble on da kickoff in FG range
Old 08-25-2009, 01:00 PM   #11
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I am sorry to say I think I've given up on the Madden Moments with about 10 to go, and this one is the reason why. Culpepper can't throw over the middle or a fade when the guy's open to save his life. You can only substitute guys like Stafford in for each formation, and your starters tire too easily.

With the exception of my receivers being mass substituted because of fatigue, I want to say this is realistic, but it's just too damn frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 01:17 PM   #12
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm stuck here too. Just broke through to OT for my first time earlier today, won the toss, but my drive stalled and knowing my defense had no chance of stopping a high school offense, I went for it and failed and turned it over in field goal range. Didn't even bothering to let it finish

The only way I've really been able to score with the Lions is on a lucky deep bomb to Calvin (he actually caught it too, god he pisses me off) and breaking off big runs (1 with Kevin Smith and 1 with their backup (not Aveion Cason)
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 15

im still on the one where you have to score 17 unanswered with indy against houston. Only tried it once though and missed the onside kick =/

Whats awesome about these is that you can get the achievements in them. I got the Achievements for catching a pass with less than 30 seconds left for a TD and a few other ones with only having to play for a couple minutes =)
Old 08-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I did it! Northcutt ran a post route from the slot. He was my first read, but only a quick one because I expected to dump it to someone in the flat. He got a good break on the safety when he cut toward the middle of the field and Culpepper somehow made the throw.

Every other time something like that has happened, Culpepper has overthrown it by 5 yards, but he didn't this time. Northcutt caught it in stride, one of the most perfect in-stride catches I've ever seen in a Madden game -- of course that could be just the excitement of doing it with the Lions in this situation -- and Northcutt scored the long TD.

On the two-point conversion, I threw it to I think Derrick Williams who dropped the ball at the goal line. Instead of quitting and starting over or doing something else, like I normally would, I kicked off. I forced the fumble, but not on a hard hit. As I was wrapping the carrier up, I was able to pull it out as another guy came to hit.

Was in field goal range and just inched closer with Smith runs up the gut.

The morale is if you miss the two-point conversion, at least do the kickoff before you restart. It seems like a few of the wins have come from getting a fumble there.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

There's hard way and a VERY easy way to complete this moment. The hard way everyone knows, practise practise practise.

The VERY easy way is to go in the rosters and change the speed ratings for the lions WR to 99 and the 'skins defence FS SS to 12. Then change the Speed Threshold rating to 0

You'll burn the defence every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

Ha, this is the one I'm stuck on. I can score a TD and half the time get the two point conversion but the lions defense stinks and I can never stop portis in OT. The only time I've actually won the toss and gotten the ball, I got into field goal range, made the kick, but alas...the good old holding on a field goal screwed me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »