Home

1st Week Madden Sales

This is a discussion on 1st Week Madden Sales within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 08:28 PM   #17
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 1st Week Madden Sales

Any educated person will understand how absolutely horrible the economy is and has been for 2 years. This year's Madden was by far the most significant advancement in the series on next gen, accordingly I do believe the drop off is VERY much tied to the economy. When you're out of work you don't buy video games, when you're a kid and Dad is out of work, he doesn't buy you video games.

Some of you are either too young or too insulated from what's going on out there to get that.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
Any educated person will understand how absolutely horrible the economy is and has been for 2 years. This year's Madden was by far the most significant advancement in the series on next gen, accordingly I do believe the drop off is VERY much tied to the economy. When you're out of work you don't buy video games, when you're a kid and Dad is out of work, he doesn't buy you video games.

Some of you are either too young or too insulated from what's going on out there to get that.

Yeah have to agree with alot of this. Everything is being affected by this economy, its unlike anything most of us have ever seen. Hard to believe that a single video game, in this case Madden 10, is the only thing somehow immune to it.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #19
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Besides the economy, there's also the issue of release dates. These are not equivalent sales periods, right? With this year's Friday release date, there are less days in that first week ... hence less sales.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #20
Rookie

Evilaviator's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam914
Yeah have to agree with alot of this. Everything is being affected by this economy, its unlike anything most of us have ever seen. Hard to believe that a single video game, in this case Madden 10, is the only thing somehow immune to it.
I agree. It's the economy. It's very hard to buy a turd of a game when money is tight in most households.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #21

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilaviator
I agree. It's the economy. It's very hard to buy a turd of a game when money is tight in most households.
Good job stating your opinion as a fact. I don't think this is a "turd game" as you called.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

It should be fairly easy to discern to what extent the drop in sales are due to, with relation to overall video games sales. Are they down overall? If so, how much? Were there any other big titles that dropped in the last month or so? If so, what were their numbers?
Old 08-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

First, of all Mr. Pseudo-intellectual, video game sales for the last quarter fell about 12%, which essentially means Madden is selling lower than the industry (down 20% on 360, down 15% on PS3, 48% on PS2, down 20% on Wii, and 45% on PSP). Second, shareholders don't like the excuse that the economy is bad and they are going to demand changes be made. So before you go around calling people uneducated you might want to consider the fact that some people interpret data different then you do
Old 08-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #24
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

however where theres a will theres a way, i traded in almost everything else i owned (i really only play my sports games anyway, but i did get RE5, I had GTA IV, both Rainbow 6 Vegas games...all those types and older sports games i dont play anymore, namely everything besides MLB09, NCAA10, and CH2k8) for Madden10. I'm on unemployment...well was til today...anyway I still got in store credit to boot and I got Madden. I rented it for a week first and me and my roomie couldnt put it down...I feel neglectful towards MLB and NCAA but....I'm lovin the myskill level its greeeeat, Id love NCAA to put it in.

does it count as a sale if you trade in for it? I mean theyre not really making cash off it, but its another copy off the shelves...idk about that type of stuff sorry if it sounds like a dumb question

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »