Home

1st Week Madden Sales

This is a discussion on 1st Week Madden Sales within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: 1st Week Madden Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
Madden '09 sold 1.6m copies August of last year on the XBOX 360 and PS3.

Right now, with another shopping weekend (and two system price drops spurring purchases) it has sold 1.2 million. The 360/PS3 versions were the best-selling games the week of their release (15th); PS2 and Wii versions came in 4th and 5th respectively. The 360 and PS3 versions are the number 2 and 3 for the second week (22nd).

Madden 10 is the best selling game of the month (by far). Sure, sales are down. But EA isn't tying a noose here, folks. It's still making a lot of money.
At the end of the day, though, it really doesn't matter if Madden is #1 or #10 for the month in sales.

Remember, 5 years ago, EA was selling well in excess of 5 million copies of Madden across all platforms, and they didn't have a HUGE exclusive license fee to pay off.

5 years later, with overall sales steadily declining each year, they're not going to come close to the numbers from 5 years ago. Plus, they now have the aforesaid HUGE exclusive fee to pay. Add it all up and, the last we heard, EA was reporting a billion dollar loss and laying off thousands of employees.

I really can't believe people still want to argue about any of this. I guess it's time for me to just give it up, and let the end results speak for themselves somewhere (hopefully soon) down the road.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I posted some data above regarding The Show and how sales have increased in this recession. It looks like the cream rises.

Here is my theory: EA will drop the exclusive NCAA license. They will focus on Madden after next year. They may still make an NCAA game, but not exclusive. It doesn't appear to be selling well at all.
Your right, the Show increased 36,000 units from 08 to 09.

I would love to see how that played out throughout the summer.

As I said above, if NHL and FIFA and NBA Live outsell from last year, than Madden doesn't have any excuse with the recession.

As the poster above said, there is 400,000 units less sold from last August to this August with the weekend plus Monday to tally. If they cut that in half or better, not bad for the economy we are in.

Time will tell with everything.

PS- I just looked up the sales for the best baseball game out there currently and that is MLB The Show.

May 2nd last year- 27, 084 units sold.
May 3rd this year- 17, 200 units sold.

It appears the recession might be putting a dent all across the board, although it could be other factors as well.

Last edited by roadman; 08-28-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #59
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

5 year chart on EA stock value.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=ERTS...=on&z=m&q=l&c=
Old 08-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Your right, the Show increased 36,000 units from 08 to 09.

I would love to see how that played out throughout the summer.

As I said above, if NHL and FIFA and NBA Live outsell from last year, than Madden doesn't have any excuse with the recession.

As the poster above said, there is 400,000 units less sold from last August to this August with the weekend plus Monday to tally. If they cut that in half or better, not bad for the economy we are in.

Time will tell with everything.

PS- I just looked up the sales for the best baseball game out there currently and that is MLB The Show.

May 2nd last year- 27, 084 units sold.
May 3rd this year- 17, 200 units sold.

It appears the recession might be putting a dent all across the board, although it could be other factors as well.
MLB: The Show 09 is still selling better than 08 overall, even if it sold less in the one particular month you pointed out.

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php...ame3=&weeks=33
Old 08-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 18

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #62
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
In other news... good lord that looks like a great time to buy that stock... it's hard to imagine that bad boy won't go back up after the economy rights the ship.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

Last edited by The GIGGAS; 08-28-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 12

Let's face it, Madden has a lot of problems. We all know it. You can look at the forum and see it. If a company continues to sell you a lemon, pretty soon people will stop buying it. Very simple. EA had a big price to pay to the nfl so they needed to cut corners to save and get their profit for the 5 years.

Yes, i know they tried hard for this madden, but it seems like not very hard. Look at all the flaws that were found in the game. You're telling me when the deve played this game, they didn't see any of them?!?!

I think this is a blessing and Karma for EA trying to sell lemons to the consumers.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #64
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I'd be really really interested to take a look at Tiburon's bug tracking system.

Odds are, they've seen all of these things, but just didn't have time to fix them. Happens all the time.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »