Home

Trying to get sacks? Well, I was to, but......

This is a discussion on Trying to get sacks? Well, I was to, but...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Trying to get sacks? Well, I was to, but......

I really don't think I was being unrealistic. I had 7 sacks in 7 games. Thats a sack a game. I have the Washington Redskins Line too. Thats a great line. My DT's are 99, 84 and my DE's are 85, 84. Thats a lot better than every team almost.

I just felt that I was not getting enough sacks. In team stats I had 7 sacks and was in last place. The team in front of me had over twice as many. To me thats a huge huge problem. I seemed to have fixed it( I am using G2cores's sliders BTW ) and I am loving the game. I blitzed Marc Bulger and he actually started to run around to avoid the pressure and turned to his blindside and met Mr. Carter. Thats something you will see Sunday.

With this minor tweak I have noticed that when I blitz I actually cause horrible throws now and I am getting sacks. Before I would just cause the QB to basically spike the ball. I also noticed after this tweak teams are playing shotgun to avoid the blitz and to buy more time in the pocket.

Now if they put sliders in Online Franchises, then this game would be my facorite game on next gen.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 08-23-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I think a lot of people looking for sacks are beign unrealistic.

If your team has an average d line then you wont see a ton of sacks. Same as if you are going against a good o line.

I use the bears who hardly ever blitz. Thier D line is good but not great, I traded for a good pash rushing DE. In a good game we may get 4-5 sacks and plenty of pressure, a bad game (against the Eagles o line) we only got 2 and that was from me adjusting to start blitzing.

I have only minimally tweaked my sliders. My only complaint is the cpu ability to pick up blitzes
no one is expecting 4-5 sacks a game. we want an actual pocket that looks true to life. you watch the game right? look how the DE's explode off the line and dip their shoulders to try to get to the qb. most of the time they cant cause the tackle rides him upfield allowing the qb to step up. this pocket is a joke, its not a pocket. its way to wide and easy to scramble out of.

in madden the DE's are programmed to run into the tackle and start a looping animation, then when they end it they start a new one to beat him. they should be firing downfield trying to avoid him at all costs and arc into the qb while the tackles pushes him upfield.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
ya i ca get sacks to but there coverage sacks. this so called 'pocket' they gave us this year is a joke. they either get to the qb because they had 6 seconds to, or they beat their man immidiately at the line and get to the qb. its not a true pocket.

does EA even watch football? i mean this is the most important aspect of the game, the trenches and all i see people complaining about how run blocking is pathetic and the pocket rarely creating pressure. its a contain.

the DE's play patty cake with the tackle till theyre tired and then attempt a move to get around him. they should be trying to avoid him and dip their shoulders to get around to the qb. this should happen almost evrytime a pass play occurs. i dont expect a sack every play but they should be flying around that corner while the tackle pushes them upfield so the qb can step up.
Play with sliders then. I am getting on average 2-3 seconds to pass the ball, and I should since I am the Redskins. So, I have to dink and dunk the ball or I risk getting sacked if I try going for a first down every pass.

The computer also gets 2-4 seconds depending on the line. The Giants were getting Eli a lot of time and picked my blitzes up. But the Chiefs were letting me get to Cassel every other play within 2 seconds.

I hate to break it to you, but 2k had the same fault. I hadto play with sliders because even on Legend I got 6 seconds in the pocket.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #12
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

So by raising the pass block slider a little, the CPU quarterback doesn't play with as much urgency? It's like at 0 he knows they can't block so he looks to get rid of the ball quicker? I like to play as a safety, are your CPU teammates getting the sacks, or HUM controlled players? It's an interesting theory at least, the sliders seem to involve so much nuance that we haven't figured it all yet so, why not.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I got 3 sacks manually out of the 7 in those 2 games against the NYG and the Falcons I believe. So my CPU controlled D Line got the other 4. So for me, I say it is working. I hope everyone else can say the same. I am also seeing less throws into coverage. I guess at 0 the QB felt he was getting rushed every play.

― Plato
Old 08-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 6

I use Denver, and I rarely get sacks that aren't user controlled. When I do, its Jarvis Moss of all people that gets them from the LE spot. My REs rarely get any pressure, but I guess that's because LTs are usually the dominant lineman. I upped my pass rush slider to 52 I think and now get 1-3 a game. Been averaging 3 this preseason so kind of keeping it real.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #15
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Agrees with captain obvious...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Anyone tried this and noticed a difference?

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »